Monday, January 15, 2007

There's no better weekend

than a long weekend. If you didn't have one, I feel sorry for you. I'm sitting here watching E!'s coverage of the Golden Globe Awards so I'm sure tomorrow I'll have a few things to say about the winners, losers and what people were wearing.

My weekend was pretty mellow, in all honesty. I came home from bowling Friday night and just vegged on the couch. I watched some stuff I DVR'd over the week and then FINALLY watched The Transporter 2. And then I rewound it and watched it again, as I fell asleep the first time. It had lots of action (some scenes more believable than others) and Jason Statham didn't take off his clothes nearly enough for my taste, so the movie was only OK.

Saturday had it's busy moments. I slept kind of late and then hightailed it to the gym, which was packed. I got my half hour of the elliptical out of the way and then went over to the treadmill. About five minutes into my workout, a guy gets on the treadmill next to me. No more than 30 seconds later did I smell something so bad that I almost threw up. It was definitely a nasty case of B.O. I'm sitting there sniffing myself to make sure it wasn't me, when I realized it was the guy next to me. Now, there were no more treadmills available in the gym so I stuck it out, but for 20 minutes I mouth breathed my way through my walking/running. I just really hope the hot guy next to me on the treadmill didn't think it was me. Then again, I look pretty heinous when I'm at the gym so I'll never have to worry about picking someone up there. It will not happen. If you can believe it, when I went to the gym on Sunday I had my choice of two treadmills: One next to the guy I went to high school with that coughs through his whole workout and then goes outside to smoke, and one next to the smelly guy. I chose the one next to the cougher and I just turned my Ipod up as high as it could go.

Saturday I got my hair cut... nothing drastic, just slightly shorter. Later on that night my mother and I went to a show at Columbia High School. My mother's friend's son was in the show and they have a very talented group of kids at that school. I had a pretty decent time. They did "Once Upon A Stage" which is basically a medley of songs from all these different Broadway shows. Some voices were great, some were just so-so, but it was a good time regardless. I came home and once again caught some stuff I DVR'd and went to bed. Which I thought would be great until my sister decided to come home at 12:30 with some friends to play ping pong. I hung up on her. I slept on and off until they called it a night around 4:30. Sunday I went to the gym (as we've already discussed) and I then went to a party that I was just making an appearance at. I got home at 11:45. No catching up on my Netflix like I'd hoped! Today was pretty mellow also. I ended up losing almost 4 pounds which made me really happy and I then had my favorite spicy chicken sandwich for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day!

Haven't seen J. since Friday. We've talked every day, but with the weather and our schedules, things haven't worked out too much lately. On Saturday night a friend of his died so it's going to be a very rough week for him. I'm really trying hard to be there for him, but he's a very stoic, internalized person and I don't really know what the right thing to do is. I want to spend time with him, but I don't want to be a pain in the ass about it either. Relationships are hard.

Anyway, it's time for me to sign off and start watching the Golden Globes pre-show. All the good people are starting to show and I can't miss a dress! Enjoy your night and I promise to be back to my usual, snarky, work-hating self tomorrow.

PS - Make sure you set your DVR for SNL on Saturday night. Jeremy Piven is hosting. Grrrrr

No comments: