Wednesday, January 17, 2007

HAPPY 200!

Wow.. it's my 200th post. I didn't even realize it. Now I feel bad that it's going to be so god damn boring! I figured I'd warn you so you weren't expecting a novel of epic proportions. Then again, if you've been reading this you should already know better and be scolding yourself for thinking differently. Read on my friends..

I got stuck at work last night. I don’t mind having to stay when I’m prepared for it. I usually bring jeans and comfy shoes to change into. However, last night I was unprepared. Luckily, I was probably wearing the comfiest pair of heels I own (which doesn’t say much) and I was only here until 7:30… or at least that’s what I wrote on my time sheet. So, I didn’t get home until after eight which means I have yet to post my Best and Worst Dressed of the Golden Globes. I have a closing today (hence the late night last night) so I doubt I’ll get around to it at all. Maybe this weekend. If not, I’ll just throw down my opinions in regular, everyday conversation. After all, I already gayed it up with C. Howe during the Globes, so he knows my opinions. When movies like Dreamgirls come out and it's award show season, it really is put into perspective how much you miss your gay friends that moved away... And it's A LOT!!! (then again, it would be even if there were no awards shows).

I’ve been a little sketchy about mine and J.’s relationship as of late. I really think it’s just that our schedules haven’t been conducive to spending time together, and I’m just reading into things. I have my girly moments, and I'm entitled to them! As I said before, I’m trying to give him his space with this whole wake/funeral situation, so much so that I never even suggested we get together last night after my late night of work. I just assumed we wouldn’t, as it was practically 8:00 when I got home. So, when he suggested he come down so we could go to dinner, you can imagine my shock. I even told him that it wasn’t worth it for him to come down, even though I did want to see him (He thought it was supposed to be icy this morning so he didn’t stay over). He told me he wanted to see me, even for a short time (yep, I’m a sucker) so I agreed. We went to the diner that we always go to and it was good (food and company). Granted, we were both starving and probably would have eaten the ass out of a dead rhino, but who’s really paying attention!? After he shaved off the heinous goatee he stopped shaving altogether, so now he has a beard. I like it better than the goatee. It’s actually kind of cute. I “reserved” him for Friday night as I have yet to sleep with my boyfriend alone (minus dogs) in the year 2007. Totally defeats the point of having one. Anyway, things were absolutely fine and I think I was just being a girl about it. But if we break up next week, remember, I saw this coming!

Oh good god, American Idol. I hate this part. Please, please PLEASE get to the top 32 or 24 or remotely talented people before I lose interest. J. walked into the house last night and his exact words were “Oh Jesus, I knew you’d be watching this.” I had to explain that I really wasn’t, as this is my least favorite part of the show. I was just flipping through waiting for his arrival. I told him it was either that, or the Golden Globes Fashion Police on E! He didn’t know which was worse. But come March, my DVR will be working overtime.

Then again, who am I to judge? I flipped back and forth between Law & Order SVU and The Real Housewives of Orange County. I’m sorry.. I LOVE that show and I will not explain myself. Mainly because I can’t. I don’t know the allure, but I adore it, much like The Girls Next Door. I’m a reality TV junkie and I need to be stopped.

Talk about pathetic: I just had to call my dad to see if he would take my car in for an oil change. I’m at least 2000 miles overdue. Let me point out, that I’m only this far overdue because J. kept telling me he would do it. I even bought oil and the filter, a trip to Wal-Mart I’d give anything to take back however, he hasn’t really been around to do it and I don’t want to hound him about it. I’m using all my breath on him exchanging my Christmas presents :). Anyway, I LOATHE taking my car in for an oil change, mainly because I know nothing about cars and they always hose me at Jiffy Lube. I think I’m the only person that’s ever paid $60 for an oil change. Did I know that at the time? No, but now I know better. J. still laughs at me for it and insists I’m going to learn how to change my oil (Note to self and J. - I’m not). What makes it more pathetic is that I can’t afford to pay for my own oil change, even with the coupon I have. My paychecks did not fall at a convenient time this month, so I’m struggling pretty good. I’m going to have to dip into my paltry savings just to go out this Saturday night, as I made plans over a month ago to head down the Taconic State Parkway to hang with my friend Stephanie. She’s a State Trooper down that way and we rarely get to see each other, what with all of our busy lives and conflicting schedules. We planned it pretty far out so we were positive it would still happen, and it is. What I’m saying is, I need money for beer and not an oil change. I told my Dad I’d pay him back… it’s all a matter of if he remembers me saying that or not. Dads can be good like that.

I’ll try to catch up again later but I make no guarantees, as the stars don’t look to be aligning in my favor. Don’t forget to catch Top Chef tonight and enjoy your day o’hump!

No comments: