Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Later than I anticipated..

This afternoon has been slightly hectic, mainly because my friend Shell gave me this new web site with great Weight Watcher friendly recipes. Let’s put it this way - I have about 40 I want to print out after most people go home tonight. ME! And I can’t even cook for God’s sake! So, I wasted (well.. in work terms) an hour or so looking at all the recipes and making a list of what I wanted to print out instead of doing work. Now I’m slightly swamped and I have no one to blame but myself. I really hate it when work gets in the way of blogging.

Speaking of Shell, she also let me know that Capital Rep is putting on “Take Me Out,” a play about a gay professional baseball player. Apparently, most of it takes place in the locker room so very little is left to the imagination. If I’m not mistaken, Daniel Sunjata of Rescue Me was in this show on Broadway, just another reason to see it! Anyway, I’ve never been to Capital Rep and have always wanted to go so this might be a good reason to spend some of that saved (well, almost saved) money for my Ireland trip. If anyone’s interested in going, let me know. It has something for everyone!

Last night, me, Tre and J. went to the Siena B-ball game. It was a complete blowout by Siena, as this is the first year NJIT is a Division I team. We had a good dinner at Broadway Joe’s and a great time at the game, regardless of the score. J. and I went to his house afterwards and I passed out before 10. What can I say? I had a few beers and was up at 5 am to go to the gym. I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep to function. A friend of J.’s is home from Hawaii on leave, so he’s decided to have a party Friday night and I somehow convinced my sister to go with me. I figure this way I have someone to talk to when J. becomes a social butterfly/whore. It’ll be a smaller soiree than his brother’s so I don’t think I’ll end up losing him like I did there. Plus, I’ll be drinking instead of being sick and I admit, I’m slightly more social then myself. J. told Tre that she better not have shoes on if she passes out/goes to sleep. Apparently if you’re wearing your shoes you passed out, instead of just wanting to go to sleep. I have a feeling her shoes will come off the minute she gets in the house!

Not much on the gossip front either. Apparently Brandy was the cause of an accident in December that ended with a fatality. There appears to be no evidence of foul play, DWI or any of that stuff, but that’s gotta wreak havoc on your soul. I’m surprised it’s just coming to light now.

I heard a rumor that Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke of Grey’s Anatomy) has checked into rehab. I didn’t know they had rehabilitation clinics for homophobia! Oh wait.. “behavioral issues.” Seriously… you gotta be shitting me. If someone feels a certain way about another race or group of people, you can’t brainwash them into thinking or acting differently. If only you could! I don’t know.. I’m sure he said it and he shouldn’t have bought it up AGAIN after all the hubbub had died down but I don’t really know what the right way to go about righting his wrong would be. I love all these celebs “checking themselves in” to rehab when you know the only reason they did it was to save their job (Tara Connor anyone?). Hopefully it works out because what he said was screwed up. Granted, he has taken responsibility but in this day and age it’s not that easy. I love that show and I’d hate to not see him on it. That won’t happen anytime soon though, as he has a pretty great arc coming up during February sweeps. From what I hear it’ll be hard to kick him off considering his storyline.

Time to finish off work for the day and head to the gym. I know, who thought I’d ever say that. When I get excited about it, then check ME into rehab!!! Happy Hump Day… Act accordingly.

No comments: