Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, HORRIBLE Monday

I do know it’s Sunday, bloody Sunday, but my slight change seemed operative for today. It’s a very “Monday” Monday.. I do thoroughly believe that I have a case of the Mondays. Not really sure why though. I got up just after J. left at 5:30 this morning to go to the gym. I was already awake, so why not take advantage of it? Swapped cars with Dad today, as he’s taking my car to get it’s long awaited oil change. I should NOT have worn a skirt considering I’m driving my Dad’s pickup truck and I basically have to pole vault my way into the driver’s seat. Anyway, for some reason I was insanely exhausted on my way to work and I have yet to recover. Maybe I’ll take a nap on my lunch break.

How was the weekend you ask? Well, Friday night I was very much looking forward to spending some time with J., but apparently it snowed in Cobleskill so he didn’t want to risk driving home. I swear, he’s a HUGE snow driving wussy, but don’t tell him I said that. Anyway, I had talked to him around 4:30 and he didn’t mention the snow or anything but said he was “pretty sure” he was coming home. Even that indecisiveness pissed me off so I was already slightly cranky. He then called and left me a message when he knew I’d be at bowling to tell me he wasn’t coming home. That pissed me off even more. I must have PMS because I wanted to cry at bowling, and really, was it that big a deal? I mean.. just because it’s not snowing here doesn’t mean it’s not snowing there! Anyway, I did end up calling him after bowling and he got the point that I was pretty livid about the situation and pretty pissed off. He then proceeds to ask what I’m doing the next night, but he has forgotten about my plans to go out. Sunday maybe? Sometimes men are so ridiculous. I mean.. really all I wanted was for him to say he was sorry that our plans got screwed up and he didn’t. When I said “well, it would help if you said you were sorry,” his response was “that’s nice. Of course I’m sorry, I didn’t think I had to tell you that.” Note to men around the world: we ALWAYS want to hear that you’re sorry.. sometimes even if you don’t mean it. So I went home and forced my sister to watch “Layer Cake” with me. It was ok. It was slightly hard to follow at times, but had a good ending I thought.

Saturday night me, Tre and Jen went down to Poughkeepsie to hang out with our friend Stephanie. We had a great time but I just can’t hang anymore. I was beat by 1 am and so ready to go. We ended up leaving around 2:30, subsequently getting pulled over (Jen has a lead foot and a State Trooper for a husband) and by the time we got to Jen’s house at 3:30 I wasn’t going to risk driving Tre and I home so we crashed at her place. I should be able to get the pictures up later on tonight so I’ll try to post one or two. The next morning Tre and I had to get up so we could go to a baby shower. It seems everyone I know is pregnant but for this one, I didn’t know until I got the invitation. It’s a girl I’ve known pretty much my entire life, but we don’t see each other that often. Anyway, the shower was from 11-3 but it broke up around 1:45, thank God. I mean, you can only ooh and aah over so many onesies and exersaucers, know what I mean?

As I was watching Sin City J. called to see what I was up to. He ended up coming down for the night and we watched the end of the Bears game and the first half of the Colts game. In all honesty, I couldn’t bring myself to watch the Colts game. We were watching “The Machinist” and kept going back and forth from the DVD to check the score. He insisted that if we watched the game the Colts would lose and I really didn’t think they’d be able to bounce back from a 21-3 deficit. However, they did and now I’ll actually WATCH the game on Superbowl Sunday (also my Dad’s 55th birthday). I was very happy to see Peyton Manning finally get to the Superbowl so now commentators can stop discussing how he sucks in “clutch” games. Shoot, I might have to get me a Manning jersey! Anyway, The Machinist is notorious for being the movie Christian Bale lost TONS of weight for, then had to bulk up to make Batman. His body was so utterly disgusting. I mean, you could see every bone in his body and his stomach was actually inverted. Looking at him was almost distracting to the movie. It turned out to be a pretty good flick though. When it first started I didn’t know what to expect, but there were a few twists and turns (which J., as always, figured out before I did) that really made the movie. I recommend it, but if you have body issues, don’t watch it. It really is hard to look at him and unreal to think of what he looked like shortly thereafter. As we were watching the movie, I heard something rustling around in the kitchen. I made J. go find out what it was and it appears a mouse found it’s way into our potato chip cabinet. I swear to god, it sounded like a woodchuck was burrowing it’s way through my entire house! Thank God he was there because I would have never gone to investigate, being home by myself. Dad is going to set some traps today and hopefully he’ll get the little bastard. I had warned Tre when she got home last night and he scampered across the floor in front of her this morning. I also warned her that I don’t do mouse droppings. Hell, it’s not even my house (technically)!!!

That’s all for now. Time to fake some work and then grab some lunch and perhaps some shut eye. I hope to be back later to dazzle you with my wit and charm..

No comments: