Friday, January 19, 2007

Chock full o'links

That’s what this post is turning out to be. I hope they all work.

First off, here are my Best Dressed women at the Golden Globes (I don’t see the need to put a man on a best/worst dressed list. If he wore a tux, he probably looked ok, unless it was some garish color. Regardless, the Golden Globes/Oscars are about gowns.. not tuxes). Now that my rant is over, here goes:

Ellen Pompeo - I don’t care what anyone else says, this dress looked absolutely stunning on her. The hair was a perfect companion and I didn’t even care that the back was a little strange. The first time I saw her on the pre-show was when she was chatting with J. Lo and it took my breath away.

Jennifer Lopez - Speak of the devil.. the first time I saw her in this dress I thought she might have a baby bump, and that the dress wasn’t flattering. It was obviously a terrible camera angle because she looked amazing! It’s just as beautiful from the back as it is the front, and I’m not talking about her ass!

Drew Barrymore - After last year’s braless incident, girlfriend needed to step it up. She did and then some! This pale pink strapless gown fit her like a glove and I don’t think she’s ever looked more beautiful.

America Ferrera - She wasn’t on my first list, but the more I see her in this dress, the more I like it. The color was not something you see on a regular red carpet and it was very flattering for her body. Let’s be real people. She, Jennifer Hudson and Sara Ramirez are “big” according to Hollywood standards, but they look way better than a lot of normal people I know. So I understand the big ta-doo being made over the big girls winning awards and all but I’ll believe it when the women winning awards are a 26, not a 16 (which none of them probably are).

Reese Witherspoon - There’s no better way to get over your man than to look great on the red carpet. I loved the combination of the kicky red shoes and ruby bracelet with this bright yellow dress. Who would have thought that color would look so good on her. Plus, the hair was a nice change for her. You could tell she was having fun and not so tense after last year’s win.

Helen Mirren - For a woman her age, she sure knows how to play up her best assets. The color of the dress was beautiful against her skin, and she showed just enough of it to be flirty, yet act her age. Stunning..

Eva Longoria - She should never NOT wear navy. She said it was a color she’d never worn before and the dress was gorgeous. The beading on the bodice really stood out and it was very flattering.

Hayden Panettiere and Ali Larter - I don’t mean to group the two together, but they’re my girls from Heroes and I love them (plus, the only pic I could find on short notice was of both of them). Both went with the ever popular white, and I ADORED Hayden’s dress. It was sexy, but she still looked age appropriate. As for Ali Larter, the dress fit her like a glove and she could not have looked more gorgeous. I like that she just glammed up her hair instead of going for a prom like updo.

There two are my maybes:

Sienna Miller - I liked her dress the more I looked at it. It was interesting and not many people can pull that off. But the hair? NO ONE could pull that off. I can’t believe she actually had it professionally done. I mean.. someone did that on purpose!? I don’t get it..

Hilary Swank - I put her on my first list, but the more I look at the bows on the dress the more I want to puke. I still think it looked great on her and she was one of the few that wore the basic black on the red carpet and did it well.

Anyway, enough about fashion… (did I just say that?). Here are a few things that have either happened to me lately, or that I’ve been thinking about. How’s THAT for a Friday?

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of Aaron Karo, but apparently he’s a comedian and author now living in LA. Anyway, ever since he was in college he’s been writing this blog/email about his life. My friend Rachael turned me on to him and I’ve read everything on his web site and signed up for his emails, named Ruminations. Definitely check him out. His stuff is pretty funny. I think his blog is what I’ve been striving to do with mine (minus the love of the Yankees) but have yet to perfect.

Dwight is back at Dunder-Mifflin. In last night’s episode he got a job at Staples, but didn’t seem to be making any friends. Oscar came back from his “gaycation” (thank you Kevin), and the staff threw him a welcome back party to celebrate his “Mexicanicity.” Angela lost it without Dwight and told Michael the truth about why Dwight went to Corporate, so he admitted his mistake and went to Staples to bring Dwight home. In the meantime, Andy continue to try to get on Michael’s good side, but it was more creepy than anything. Jim tried to recruit Karen to play a prank on Andy but she was too busy so Pam stepped in. They stole his cell phone (with a ring tone of Andy singing “Rocking Robin” - all four parts of the harmony), put it in the ceiling and kept calling it. It literally drove him nuts and he punched a hole in the wall. During Oscar/Dwight’s welcome back party, Karen asked Jim if he still had feelings for Pam and he replied that he did. She basically just left the room and that is how the episode ended. There was no trailer for next week’s episode. As we all know, I’m on Team Pam but I admit I feel for Karen. It’s one of those relationships where no one else is really going to get in the way and if Jim still had feelings for Pam it wasn’t really fair of him to date Karen. Oh well.. life sucks! In an Office related story, I was reading People Magazine at lunch today and there is an interview with Rashida Jones in it where she states she did date John Krasinski (and People spelled his name wrong - talk about a reality check) but they are great friends now and nothing more. Oh yes.. there’s still hope!

Finally.. I was at work until 6:30 last night. I did not get out on time at all this week so I’m leaving at 4:30 today. Anyway, I was sitting at my desk just after 5:30 when my phone rang. Now, I don’t get many calls but the caller ID didn’t come up so I answered it anyway. It was this guy saying “I’m wearing pantyhose, are you wearing pantyhose?” I was completely taken aback by it and didn’t know what to say. I think I stuttered a “what?” He said it again and I asked him what that had to do with me. His reply was “What kind are you wearing? Do you want to know what kind I’m wearing?” I said “no” and hung up. It kind of freaked me out because my cubicle is right next to our parking garage and the highway, so once it gets dark you can completely see in and it’s creepy. Anyway, I told the few people that were still left and our receptionist implied that it could have been Chris, one of our attorneys. It didn’t sound like him, but perhaps he has a voice disguising skill that I’m unaware of. I called him on it and he played coy, so I’m pretty sure it was him. I’m now trying to think of ways to get him back, but in a subtle way that won’t get me fired from my job…. at least not until I go to Ireland! Today I told him that he was the Dwight to my Jim, but he thinks I have it backwards. Now that I think about it.. he might be right.

Happy weekend to all. I hope to win some money at bowling tonight because (as I said last week) it couldn’t get any worse (it did). It’s time for me to do well and momma needs to go out tomorrow night! Maybe I’ll bring my camera and take some pics tomorrow of us girls out on the town. Then when the drama and fights start, I’ll have photographic evidence! Have a great one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice! I certainly won't be buying stilton from sainsburys again!