Monday, January 08, 2007

How could I forget?

Tomorrow is the announcement of who has made it into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I (and many others) already expect that our man Cal Ripken will be a no-brainer, as Tony Gwynn should be. I'm just slightly perturbed by what will happen regarding Mark McGwire. I just feel like if he's let in on the first shot then all this hoopla over steroids means nothing. I'm not saying he's been proven guilty or anything (as I have no evidence to prove this point), but I think it would just put such a black mark next to two men who wanted nothing more in life than to play baseball. I was watching ESPN Saturday morning and there was a story on whether sports writers were goign to vote for McGwire.. It seemed very few had plans to do so. Next up were Bonds, Sosa and Palmeiro, all of whom are/were Hall worthy before any of their scandals erupted. If they get into the hall at all, they might as well forget it being on the first try! I don't think Palmeiro will ever have a shot in hell. I mean, he did test positive, and then blamed a team mate on his "false positive." Come on... go down by yourself, don't try to bring others with you! I have always been a huge Raffy fan, but I can't condone the behavior in this case. It's like the guy who knows he gets drug tested on Fridays at work, but smokes pot the night before anyway. You deserve what comes (or doesn't in this case) to you. Anyway, I can't wait until 1:00 tomorrow to hear the announcements and I just wanted to remind the rest of you!

No comments: