Monday, January 22, 2007

It can always get worse

As if he didn’t get enough shit from the other contestants on Top Chef, Marcel was injured and scarred by a bottle thrown in his face by a viewer of the show. He’s quickly going from the scapegoat to the guy everyone has pity for!

Heroes comes off their winter break tonight and I couldn’t be happier! I can’t wait to see what happens, as there is a new hero in our midst (apparently an Invisible Man) and two more who will get more screen time (Radioactive Guy and the Haitian). I still have the last episode of the year taped so maybe I’ll re-watch it before I tune in tonight so I’m up to speed.

Today is weigh in day. I’m not really sure if I did ok this week. I ate out a few times (always had a grilled chicken sandwich though.. so unlike me) and I also had a few drinks on Saturday night, but I have been hitting the gym at least four days a week so that might help counteract. As long as I lose something I’ll be pretty happy. You never want to gain anything back, that’s for damn sure! I admit, I’m looking forward to eating a chocolate covered Oreo tonight though. I practically had to hide it from Tre so she wouldn’t take it right out from underneath me!

Some of the contestants for the new season of Dancing with the Stars (beginning March 19th) were announced today and they include Joey Fatone of N’Sync, Laila Ali, Ian Ziering of 90210 and Billy Ray Cyrus. None of them really thrill me, but I’ll probably watch anyway. I saw Joey Fatone in Rent on Broadway and he definitely has rhythm. This might be another case where someone has a clear advantage, it’s just a matter of whether their charisma can pull it off with the audience. I’m curious to see who else the show digs up to perform. In other reality TV news, Season 8 of America's Next Top Model will premiere February 28. It's a pretty quick turnaround and I doubt no one but Tyra Banks is happier than me. I'm so f'n addicted to that show it's sickening.

Almost forgot - I DVR'd and watched the SNL episode with Jeremy Piven and he did a pretty good job. I mean.. he's a funny guy regardless, but sometimes that doesn't translate to live TV. I'm not sure if anyone really is watching SNL anymore and none of Piven's skits were "dick in a box" material, but he still put on a good show. Granted, he needs a little more practice reading the teleprompter (he said contact instead of connect in his monologue, which was absolutely hysterical) but all in all, he did a really good job. In other great Jeremy Piven news, it seems Melrose from ANTM has denied that she is dating him. I can breathe again.

No comments: