Thursday, January 11, 2007

Somebody get me a Guinness!

Instead of working, I decided to book my (and Crystal’s) flight to Ireland. The flights I’d picked out yesterday had gone up by two or three hundred dollars, so I had to pick again. I really wanted to get a non-stop flight, but considering I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg I had to deal with what I was given. So, we are flying out of Boston on Friday, April 6th at 7:15, which will bring us into Dublin, Ireland at 7:45 am on Saturday, April 7th. I think Rachael will be much more appreciative of that rather than the 5:30 am time I had originally found. The nice thing is, we’ll leave Ireland (ok THAT isn’t the nice thing) at 11:45 am on Friday, April 13th and return to Boston at 3:20 pm on the same day. This way, I can actually make it home before the jet lag hits. I can then begin my weekend of sloth and recovery. And of course, downloading my pictures off my camera. I took almost 200 when I went to Australia so I can only imagine what I’ll do between Ireland and England! I’m so incredibly exciting. It’s actually real now, which is so weird, but in a good way!

It’s been a slow gossip day, but since it’s late in the work day, I’ll see what I can do. If you miss “Dancing with the Stars” (and sore losers) Mario Lopez has been tapped as the weekend co-host for Extra. He will also be making appearance during the week as a special correspondent. Honestly, I didn’t know this show was still on. It seems the only time I catch any of it is at 1 am, and there’s no reason for me to be up that late on a school night.

Laura Innes is the latest casualty on ER. Her story arc has taken some strange turns over the last few years, and it seems her character is getting an opportunity that she just can’t refuse that will take her out of Chicago. It looks like Innes will be back to direct an episode or two, and is not against guest appearances as Kerry Weaver. It seems her only request was to not be killed off. Seriously, how many doctors can they kill? I mean.. the helicopter thing with Romano? God that pissed me off. I loved that guy! I mean.. he was bald and he had lots of attitude. What more could a girl ask for? I miss Romano….

My parents got my sister and I this drinking game for Christmas called DRINKO. It’s basically a play on the “Price is Right” game, Plinko. Apparently Target and Kohl’s have stopped selling the game because of complaints that they are promoting binge drinking. In that case, close all the fast food restaurants, because they are promoting binge eating and obesity! (I don’t mean that.. keep them open… even Long John Silvers). My point is.. if you don’t want to promote binge drinking, don’t buy the damn game.

Finally, it seems my favorite foreign hottie that speaks broken English, Rodrigo Santoro, let the cat out of the bag that his character would be killed off Lost. Seems he was interviewing with the Brazilian Rolling Stone (I think) and said he would be leaving Hawaii in a month or so and had no plans to return. Maybe he’s pulling our leg, but it’s more than likely that he’s not. Boy, what a short lived Hawaiian vacation that was. There definitely weren’t enough shirtless pictures of him floating around the tabloids, am I right?

Enjoy your evening.. Tomorrow is Friday (yay) and payday for me (double yay). Remember, Grey’s Anatomy starts up again tonight and The Office looks to be another entertaining installment. All I have to say is this: Phyllis and Karen with 80’s hair and makeup… Priceless.

No comments: