Monday, January 08, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays ALWAYS Get Me Down

It's true.. The weather was so crappy this morning and I could not bust out of the funk I was in, even when it got nicer later this afternoon. There really isn’t much to say about the weekend. It was a tad on the boring side. Friday night I went to bowling and bit the big one. It was just a bad, bad experience! The knocker upper got wasted and proceeded to beg me to drive him home. I declined, but made sure someone would take him home. As much as I don’t want to be with him, I don’t want him to get a(nother) DWI or have an accident. He then spent the rest of the night texting me (while I was at J.’s) to tell me that I miss being with him and that if I don’t want to be with him, he wants to be with my bowling teammate. Yeah, THAT will get me back! I think the fact that he just stopped going to his job kind of puts a bad taste in any girl’s mouth, don’tcha think!? Anyway, I don’t know what (if anything) will go on with my bowling teammate, I just don’t want it to happen. No, not because I don’t want him to date anyone, it’s just that I like her! I mean, he constantly tells me that he’d drop anyone for me in a heartbeat and that’s ok to know if he’s dating someone I don’t know. But I know this girl and like her. Then again, I guess I should let people make their own mistakes. Talk about awkward.

Anyway, J. and I watched “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang” on Saturday morning. I was planning on watching it alone as I needed something to do, but he and the dogs followed me out of bed. I once again slept like shit and was sweating in places I didn’t know you could sweat from. Not for any good reason, might I add.. Only because I was surrounded by dogs. I got up to get some fresh air and couldn’t bring myself to go back into bed. It wasn’t that early. Anyway, the movie was really funny. I was surpised at how much I liked Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. I highly recommend. It has a pretty decent and entertaining story, and lots of great lines to quote from. Shortly after that, I left to enjoy the day. I couldn’t believe how nice it was outside! I went to the gym and almost died in there. It was so stuffy and hot. I guess that’s what happens when it’s 70 degrees outside in January!

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but I LOATHE Wal-Mart. The one in my town is so dirty and white trashy that I can barely stand going in there, and only do when I have no other alternative. Saturday’s trip was to get oil and an oil filter, as J. continues to tell me that he’s going to change my oil. He also insists he’s going to teach me how to do it. NOT going to happen. He was appalled when I told him I don’t know how to change my tire. I don’t pay AAA every year for nothing! Cars are the one thing I’m insanely girly about, in that I know nothing about them and won’t pretend to care. So I had to call him from Wal-Mart because I didn’t know what kind of oil to get, and then again to find out where I would find out which filter goes to my car. I learned a little something at Wal-Mart that Saturday… Right before some dirty kid drooled on my shoe in the checkout line. Give me Target any day.

Kate and Brian came over to watch the Colts beat the Chiefs. I’m a Peyton Manning fan so I was rooting for the Colts. They’re really the only team I watch, as I’m not a huge football fan. I’m only just learning the rules and such. Granted, I understand more than I anticipated thanks to rugby, but there are quite a few differences. Anyway, I know Peyton didn’t play that great, but luckily the rest of the team did, so they’ll be playing next week. Tre, Kate and Brian went to our friend Nancy’s for the second game, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I don’t like football enough to do it. I watched The Office (hysterical), some episodes of Big Day and My Name is Earl, so I could clear out the DVR. Munich was on HBO but I missed the same initial 10 minutes I’d missed when I saw it in theaters (thanks CJ) so I didn’t bother. Plus, I knew I’d never stay awake to watch the whole thing. I was passed out on the couch by 10. Tre called me around 11:30 to pick her up and I then went to bed… by myself.. comfortably.

Sunday was a day of rest. I did go to the gym, but that was about the extent of it. Oh wait… I did laundry too. Necessary Roughness was on HBO so I got nothing done until it was over. God that is such a guilty pleasure movie. Tre and I went to Meadowgreens for dinner and found some of our friends there watching football. I had anticipated a quick dinner and then heading home, but every “last beer” Tre had, turned into another. I finally gave up and let someone else take her home. I was sick of waiting, and I was still kind of tired. I watched (completely accidentally) MTV’s Rolling Stone show. It was interesting. I’m pretty sure real interns don’t get the opportunities that these people are getting, and I’m pretty sure they only got cast based on their looks and how good a reality TV find they’ll be. I mean, the one Australian guy seems like he’s hardly ever written anything in his life! I’ll probably keep watching as nothing is on Sunday at 10 (I really do hate ABC for moving Grey’s Anatomy).

Today is weigh in day… and then Mom and I are headed to Kozel’s because I’m craving a juicy burger and French fries with gravy. Tonight I really do need to find my passport, and I need to call my friend Crystal. She called me yesterday but I forgot to call her back. We need to figure out when we want to leave for Ireland and come back, and then we need to look for flights. My mom found one today for $448 round trip, and it’s a direct flight. We’re flying out of Boston, as Crystal lives in Worcester and there’s definitely a better shot of getting a direct flight from there as opposed to Albany! I can’t believe it’s only three months away and considering the planner that I am, I can’t believe I don’t have a flight yet! Maybe by the end of this week.

I’m a little lacking in gossip today, but I’ll try to make up for it as the week goes on. Have a great Monday night!

No comments: