Wednesday, January 10, 2007

If you're anything like me

you can't wait until January 22nd for new episodes of Heroes to start. My DVR is chomping at the bit! Here's a brief preview to keep you at bay.

It's official that Sydney, Australia is the newest area of residence for the hard partying Real World cast. I can only imagine what kind of trouble they'll get into, as the area their house seems to be in is definitely in close proximity to plenty of bars. It's a beautiful city, although I doubt they'll notice! It would be cool to see them hit up a rugby game or something. That is, if they're allowed anywhere but bars. It seems the Denver cast was not allowed to go to any sporting events or concerts, although I'm unsure if it's because the venues didn't want the cameras around, or the boozers just made a bad impression. International seasons of the Real World have never done well, so I'm curious to see how this one goes. Then again, it is in a beautiful country that almost always has great weather (and apparently the most in shape people in the world) so at least they won't be confined to their house for long stretches at a time. I wonder if they'll be anywhere near Russell Crowe's harborfront property... I see a phone throwing in their future.. if not something heavier!

In other MTV News, they have announced the cast for the newest installment of Road Rules. I don't believe Road Rules has been on the air since 2004, and this one includes old cast members (isn't that what the challenges are for?), but all the challenges are in the LA area because it's practically a revolving door policy for the cast members. The viewers are supposed to be in control, but not entirely. Will I watch? I don't know. I'd gotten a little tired of Road Rules in the past years, but this one might bring me back considering I know what kind of drama will go on (which is why I watch the Challenges). I guess if there's nothing else on (much like the Rolling Stone show), I'll probably give it a shot.

In sad Hollywood news, it seems long time pals Jeremy Piven and John Cusack are on the outs. From what Piven has to say, Cusack isn't a fan of Piven's new found fame, even though he's stood by him since high school. I like both guys, but I have to side with Piven. He's been in most of Cusack's movies and doesn't seem like the type of guy to bite the hand that feeds him. I hope these two crazy kids can put their issues behind them and reappear, a la Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaughey.

Finally, Apple has introduced their Iphone, which is basically an Ipod and telephone combined. Everyone is raving over how cool it is but I kind of like having my music and cellular service separate. Then again, I'm a huge computer moron so I'd never be able to figure it out anyway. Cingular customers will be the first to get their grubby little hands on one, but it won't be for a few more months. Almost lunch time and I'm STARVING! Hope you're all enjoying your day and I'll try to hit you back later.

No comments: