Friday, January 05, 2007

Anything to avoid work

I’ve always been a little jealous of people who have Verizon as a cell phone provider, because they have those cool call tones, where you can listen to music instead of an annoying ring while your party is reached. Of course, that’s dependent on taste. Anyway, my sister called me today and asked me to call her cell phone. When I did, I heard the melodic strains of the Notorious BIG (she’s black on the inside). I’ve spent the bulk of the afternoon trying to figure out what tone I wanted. As you can probably guess, I settled on “It’s Not Over” by Daughtry, whose lead singer looks INSANELY good in this week’s People Magazine. In case you all forgot, I posted a picture of him and his band... who aren't too bad in the looks department either. Anyway, I’ll tell you my list of songs I considered (let’s remember that I didn’t look at ALL the songs):

Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart
Anything they had by Huey Lewis and the News
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
Daydream Believer - The Monkees
Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms

Like I said, I didn’t get through every single call tone but I will probably peruse them again, as I can get a call tone for any certain phone number I want. I’ll really have to think this through. I’m sure there’ll be more on this at another time.

I had to run out (take a break) around 3 so I called J. to see if he was awake. He then told me that two of his buddies might come over to booze it up a bit tonight. Friday night is usually “date night” so it kind of irks me when he does that, even though I don’t get home from bowling till around 9. Then again, I can’t really be mad because it’s his only night where he doesn’t have to work the next day so he should be able to have fun with his buddies, am I right? Anyway, he told me to come over after bowling but I’m not sure I want to ruin the cute little sausagefest the boys will have going on at the house. I guess (if worse came to worse) I could REALLY catch up on those Netflix DVD’s!

Quickies: Dita Von Teese (who has the surprisingly normal name of Heather R. Sweet) has filed for divorce from her husband of just a year, Marilyn Manson (Brian H. Warner). Apparently the two separated on Christmas Eve, but it seems Dita’s had some trouble finding her husband to serve him the papers. That can’t be a good sign. On the other end of the spectrum (in more ways than one) Chris Kattan got engaged to model Sunshine Tutt. The only thing I could find about her was that she is/was a finalist for Miss FHM 2006. The um.. interesting looking men always seem to find models, don’t they?

Ok.. I’ve slacked off all afternoon thanks to the sprint website so I need to do work for my last 45 minutes. Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: