Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's OOOOOOfficial

Aubrey Huff has passed his physical and has inked a 20 million dollar deal to play for the O's. He will more than likely be the starting left fielder, but he can also see time at first base, third base and DH. I like the idea of someone who has a record for being a good hitter. He might not be the best defensively that we could have found but he definitely won't hurt the team in any way. I mean, it can't be worse than the "up the back of the shirt" sort of catch from last season... am I right?

In other baseball news, check out this link. While I never have been (and never will be) a fan of the Red Sox, the story caught my eye. 112!? I think that'll be me someday. I mean, George Burns smoke and drank every day of his life and he lived pretty long. I figure adding fast food and taking out the smoking can only help me out in my quest to become the oldest O's fan ever.

No comments: