Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Gods Have Shined Upon Me

As I was watching (yet another) America’s Next Top Model marathon on VHI, a commercial came on advertising their airing of Australia’s Next Top Model. Top Model in Australia. I feel like I need to sing “My Favorite Things.” I can’t wait. I never got to see the British Top Model recap deal they showed on UPN. Plus, the fun is the drama! I don’t want to see a whole season in two hour long episodes. It looks like they’ll be showing all the episodes. I have no idea when it will start but I might have to fire up the DVR for them. I hope it’s not a marathon. I’ll never leave the house.

Speaking of firing up the DVR, new episodes of My Name is Earl and The Office are on tonight. I believe Grey’s Anatomy will start up again next week with a new episode. Anyway, on the Office we find out who Michael took on his trip to Sandals, Jamaica. From the trailers we can see it’s Jan, but I can only imagine the hilarity that will ensue when the rest of the gang finds this out! You can go to Yahoo.com and they have a teaser trailer for tonight's episode.

I did manage to watch Top Chef last night, albeit with a basset hound hogging the couch, so I’ll get to a recap of that later on today if I can. Last night I hit the gym and it wasn’t as crowded as I anticipated, which was nice. I then went home, made some bagel bites (10 points) and hightailed it to J.’s brothers house. I was pretty beat and was almost instantly cranky when I heard both dogs would be sleeping with us. Not that he and I take up that much room, but I was basically in a J. and beagle sandwich.. Not quite what I was looking for when the whole “playing house” thing came up. The next week and a half is going to be more trying than I had anticipated. Around 3:30 I heard what sounded like water running, but was really the basset hound peeing on the floor. Good times. I couldn’t have slept for more than a few hours as J. fell asleep before me and snored like a buzz saw. Luckily, the dogs were in their cages when I got up this morning so I could go through my morning routine without any interruption or dogs underfoot. Don’t get me wrong, they’re sweet dogs but the most I’ve ever had to sleep with is my parent’s chubby pug and a cat. There’s a HUGE size differential between that group and the one I slept with last night. Apparently my ass is a really comfy place for a dog to lay his head though. Was unaware of that until this morning.

I got a phone call from Lacey today to see if I wanted to go out to lunch. I wasn’t going to go but it’s such a nice day and it’d be nice to get out of the office. We’re going to the Pump Station, which is right next door to my office. Anyway, I figure if I order a grilled chicken sandwich I should be ok. I’m using the points values that are listed for Friendly’s, even though I don’t think the Pump Station would be any more than that. I’ll just eat my leftover chicken helper for dinner tonight and that shouldn’t push me too far over the edge. I do have 35 “flex points” that I can use during the week in case I go over, and I have gone to the gym which adds points. I shouldn’t agonize over it as much, but I just want it to work! I don’t anticipate any big nights out so I think it’ll be fine, but if anyone has any insight, feel free to lay it on me. I’m going to take a nap at my desk until lunch time. I’ll be back later with a recap of Top Chef and who knows what else!

No comments: