Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, I thought my quad was feeling better. Apparently I thought wrong. It was ok the first half, I tweaked it a little, but that was to be expected. In the second half I went to kick the ball, and that was basically it. At one point it hurt so bad that I actually went down to my knees and whimpered, much like a dog would. Then I heard "well don't kick with that foot if you know it's gonna hurt." You're right. I TOTALLY kicked with that foot on purpose. I then hurled obscenities at my sister while the other team gawked until someone said "don't worry, they're sisters." We lost 4-2, but we played pretty well... the first half. I don't know what happened after that as I was too busy thinking about which foot to kick with. I'm thankful that I have a week to recover instead of three days.

I don't know if anyone remembers last year's face swelling incident but it was allegedly brought on by my allergy to red dye #40. At least that seemed to the most logical explanation. Anyway, I've had a lot of trouble with my lips in the last few months. They've been really dry and there are times when they get tingly. It's kind of freaked me out but the best I could do was throw some Aquaphor on and call it a day. I was a little bored at work today (ok.. A LOT bored) and I happened to look at the gum I'd been chewing for.. months (the brand, not the actual piece of gum) and I realized that it has red dye #40 in it. Therefore, I now have to wonder if the red dye is what's making my lips all tingly and sometimes slightly swollen. I certainly hope so, however it's forced me to wonder if any of my lipsticks or anything have that dye in it as well. I assume it's a food dye and wouldn't be, but you never know. I tried to find the information online, but it was to no avail.

I booked a cruise on Tuesday and I couldn't be more happy about it! One of our friends from softball has begun a career as a travel agent, and she let Tre and I know about this great week long cruise to the Caribbean for next February. Yes, it's a year from now, but at least that gives me a very long time to save up for it... and find a flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico!

I have a very full post-it, however my computer is being a bitch and not allowing any normal web site to show up, so it kind of defeats the purpose to try to link to things I can no longer find. If today is any indication of how tomorrow will be, I should have plenty of time to link to my hear's content!

It's almost time for the big Grey's Anatomy-Private Practice crossover so I need to go so I can concentrate. TGIF!!!

NOTE: This post SHOULD have been posted last night, but my computer was being bitchy and wouldn't post it.. FYI - Grey's and Private Practice.. worth watching...

No comments: