Sunday, February 22, 2009

I can't even begin to explain my weekend, but I'll try.

Yesterday Tre, Danny and I went to the Siena game... Kind of. We had tickets in the nosebleed section, so instead of going in, we watched the game on TV and drank some beers at Broadway Joe's. A friend of ours was in one of the boxes, so we went in to hang out with the guys. While I was in there, I met a few guys and ended up chatting with one. Well, amazingly enough, he asked me for my number and I gave it to him, cause why the hell not? I mean, the majority of guys get numbers just to say they got numbers so if he doesn't call, really.. who cares? Well.. he called! lol.. I was in the middle of Shoprite tonight and I get this random number on my phone, so I picked it up and it was him. Really nice guy. Very easy conversation. He did ask me out and I told him we could definitely get together at some point. Seriously.. if you're a girl and you want to meet a guy, go to Broadway Joe's just prior to or shortly after any sporting event. That place was a veritable sausage fest yesterday! Good times.. After the game we ran to Savannah's for a drink, then dinner at Jillian's. Tre and Danny had a few too many jager bombs so (as usual) I got to drive home. THAT was fun. I had stopped and was fine to drive, but it was that after boozing low that you get and I was beat by the time we got home. I actually shut my light off at 9:45 on a Saturday night. And it felt GOOD!

I had to get up early today to drive to Schenectady to bowl in a doubles tournament with Jason. I slept kinda crappy last night, as I was a little concerned about oversleeping and worried about the impending snow.. What a waste that was! Anyway, I bowled well enough, but Jason blew the doors off, so we ended up in 7th place overall going into the semifinals. I kind of neglected to tell Jason that the top 8 teams have to bowl another game and whoever comes out on top for that, gets on TV. Oops.. :) So yeah, we ended up in 7th and had to bowl the 2nd place team, a seemingly nice guy and this crazy lesbian who swore at herself the whole time. It was scary! She swore like a truck driver the whole time and not for any good reason, as she barely got tapped, unlike myself. I'm not saying I threw the ball perfectly, but there were shots that could have gone another way, if you know what I mean. Honestly, I didn't really want to get on the TV show. You have to write this bio about all your accolades and these people bowl 300 all the freaking time (cause the house shot is so obviously blocked.. I mean.. you don't average 245 and NOT be on the tour), and I would have.. well.. nothing to write! That, and I got my winnings today instead of having to wait. Granted, it would have been considerably more if we'd made the top 4, but what can you do? Maybe next time! Regardless, I got my money back and then some, so that made me pretty darn happy! I then persuaded Jason to take me to lunch since I drove, so I certainly was a big winner today. However, I might not make it to my weigh in tomorrow, as I pretty much ate my face off today. I think the brownie obsession at Friday's is definitely worth it though!

The Red Carpet for the Oscars are on as we speak and I have to say, Taraji P. Henson looks STUNNING! The hair, the dress, everything. Seriously, that's how I would love for my hair to look so I'll have to tell Shannon about that. Granted, tomorrow she's making me blonder so I don't know how that will work out. Like I said, I didn't sleep too well last night, but I'll try to stay awake for most of the Oscars to live blog a bit!

No comments: