Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's been a crazy busy week, so I'll try to condense everything that's been going on as quickly and easily as I can so you at least know why I've been so incommunicado this week!
On Monday night I changed my facebook status to single. Yep.. perhaps I was the last to know (well.. not the last to know, but one of the final to admit it), but J and I are over and I think I'm actually the one who did the breaking up. I don't know... When someone just doesn't have the time or inclination to call you back, even when you spent 2 and a half years of your life with them, that's a pretty good indication that not being with them anymore is the right thing to do! Hell, we've been breaking up for months as it is so I've had plenty of time to come to terms with its demise and I'm all good.
I went to dinner with my friend Christie on Monday night also. I met her at Applebee's after work and we both noshed on one of their Weight Watchers approved meals. It was a chicken breast meal with potatoes and broccoli (which obviously I didn't eat) but the rest of it was good and I wasn't completely starving afterwards! I haven't seen her in probably about a year, and it was so great to catch up with her and just shoot the shit.

Tuesday morning I walked into work to find two very attractive men installing a door onto mine and my co-worker's cubby. That is NOT a bad way to start your day! It did however, cause everyone and their mother to stop by and ask a million questions about it. It's a door.. a door we barely close and I think it's hysterical the big deal that's being made of it and now I just want to close it out of spite. I can be vindictive that way.
Tuesday afternoon I went to lunch with my friend Jeff. We used to dance together but after he got married we kind of grew apart a bit. He works down the street from me so we went to Panera for lunch and it definitely wasn't enough time to catch up! I was so glad to spend time with him and I hope we get the chance to do it again very soon, not just because of the company, but also because I really had a great lunch at Panera!

Wednesday night was soccer, and the only way to describe it is was an absolute trainwreck. I think we got beat 7-0 and we looked like preschoolers. No one could get the ball anywhere near the goal. We only had just enough people to play and I have to admit, I was absolutely exhausted! I'm still sore from all the running I did in that game and I have to do it again tonight, as we have a make up game from when it snowed last week. One of our girls is sick, another is away and another is sore. Yes.. only two of those excuses are valid. Hopefully tonight won't be anywhere near as bad as Wednesday's game. We plan on going out to dinner beforehand so maybe that'll be the motivation we need to win, cause we're not doing much of THAT lately!

Thursday night we went to dinner for my Dad's birthday, which was Wednesday. Well.. we tried. My parents were at my Mom's aunt's house and we were meeting them at Pomodoro's in Catskill. They hadn't called by 7:45, so we left, figuring we'd all get there around the same time. Tre and I were SOOOOO wrong. We got there around 8:00 and my parents finally showed up somewhere around 9:00. I was STARVING, so much so that I didn't even care if I ate something that I shouldn't have! I got a great grilled chicken sandwich and then went home to bed!!

Friday night was bowling, where I didn't have a great night. I had fun hanging out afterwards for a bit, yet still managed to get home at a decent hour and get a good night's sleep. I needed it in order to rev me up for what was to come on Saturday. I walked for an hour on the treadmill and I also FINALLY did my new Jillian Michaels workout DVD. The warm up went fine, but in the first five minutes I really thought I wasn't going to make it. Apparently I am way more out of shape than I had initially thought. I think I'm supposed to do it every day, however today was completely out of the question! Later on we met the softball team out for some cosmic bowling. We had such a great time! My sister bowled 299... Unreal. Honestly, I'm glad she didn't hit 300 cause it would have been such a waste! I mean, it still would have been amazing but it wouldn't have been sanctioned so really there would have been no recognition for it. She's bowled so well this year it'll only be a matter of time before she gets it! Anyway, here are a few pictures to prove what a good time we had:

Shoes and I
The Nytransky cousins and their kick ass scoresFish busted out the jazz hands to get a good score!
Here are some of the things from my industrial size post-it this week:
Christian Bale FREAKED on the set of the new Terminator flick, and I have to admit, it kinda cracked me up to listen to it. And yes.. EVERYTHING sounds better with a Huey Lewis soundtrack! Get over it Christian. You're making a Terminator movie, not an Oscar worthy tear jerker! I would think you'd be able to manage to "stay in the scene."
After too long of a hiatus, Reaper is set to return on March 3rd, which thankfully is NOT a
Thursday, as my DVR is already jammed up on Thursdays!
Kendra Wilkinson, by far the funniest Girl Next Door, will star in her own reality show. She might not be the only girl next door to get their own show, but she's the first so far!
Ok.. sometimes even Peyton Manning makes mistakes..
It looks like there'll be another Sex and the City movie to come..
All I can say about this is "huh?"
I have to give my O's some credit. They may not be signing the huge names, but at least they're signing.. I mean, NOT Brian Roberts yet (No, I'm not bitter at all.. why would you say that?) but they are taking steps in the right direction.
Also, apparently Michael Phelps smoked a little weed. I'm really shocked at the big deal that's been made of this. He's won like.. a bazillion Olympic medals and that picture was taken quite a while after that, so give him a break for blowing off some steam. He's still (kinda) a kid and is occassionally going to act like one.
Ok, I'd write more, but I've got a few things to do before the soccer game and there's an America's Next Top Model marathon on. I have priorities..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the Reaper S2 trailer, if you haven't already seen it. We're trying to advocate watching Reaper and taping AI. Reaper needs the numbers, AI doesn't! :D

If you want more info, all the Reaper news for January can be found at our ReaperDMV.com news blog. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Bummer about the breakup (or maybe not!), but I didn't know you were on FB - I'm going to have to search for you :) xo