Wednesday, February 18, 2009

OK.. can't we just PRETEND it's kinda real?

So, Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen are engaged. However, I'm just curious as to what is considered a "long-term" relationship these days. I mean, it's reported that Bilson is marrying her "long-time" boyfriend, Christensen. Um, they met on the set of Jumper, which came out in 2008, therefore, they probably didn't meet any time prior to 2006 if not later. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are a long-term relationship. Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen, not so much.

Angela Kinsey (who coincidentally plays Angela on The Office) has split from her husband, Warren Lieberstein (whose brother plays the always shit on Toby on The Office. However, her rep insists the break is friendly: "Angela and Warren are taking some time apart to ­figure out what is best for their relationship. They continue to be friends."

As if I needed another show to get into, High School Reunion on TVLand starts tonight. I'll be honest, I haven't seen the show since its first season on the WB, but I've seen about a bazillion commercials for it and it's kind of intrigued me. Luckily, they're playing it again after its 10 PM start time, cause I'm already taping Damages and Top Chef, which starts its two part finale tonight, spurred on by a double elimination by guest judge Emeril Lagasse.

Speaking of reality shows, last night I had the 9 pm hour free as I waited for my Real Housewives to start. As I cruised through the channels I found myself strangely compelled to watch VH1, which isn't normally a strange thing for me, however, Rupaul's Drag Race was on. Now, I've heard of this show, but I don't think I get the LOGO channel, so I've obviously never seen it. Well, thank you VH1 for showing at least one episode. I got completely sucked in and had to watch to the bitter end to find out which queen lost the lip synch battle for his life. (I'll give you a hint: The queen who lost both his headdress and his fake boobs is still in the running).

And then there's my Real Housewives. I think the ending was a little anticlimactic. I mean, the end of summer party scene lasted WAY too long for me, but I always enjoy when they tell you what they've been up to and I'm really looking forward to the reunion show next week. A lot of dirt was thrown this season and I'm curious to see how some of the ladies justify their words and/or actions. Sorry C. Howe, but I think Vicki needs a good slap, although I'm glad she finally realized her kids aren't kids anymore. Poor Brianna... she really did get her heart broken by Colby and I'm actually glad she's rethinking her whole Army thing cause as much as she said she wasn't doing it because Colby kicked her to the curb, the timing was a bit shady. I have yet to see all of the NYC episode, but it sure did start off with a bang, with Jill slamming Simon in the press. Of course, she insists her words were taken out of context, but I have to admit that I kind of agree with her! I can't wait to watch the whole thing!

Last night I looked up Jacobs Field (in Cleveland) online, only to find it had been newly christened Progressive Field. I was telling Bill how stupid I thought that was, when he told me that the basketball arena is called "the Q." He THEN told me it was short for Quicken Load Arena. I'm sorry, but that just sounds dirty and I honestly can't say it with a straight face.

That's all I've got on today's post-it. I've gotta get a move on, as I have a 10 pm soccer game tonight. Luckily, we have A sub, which is one better than we've had probably the last three games. We beat this team the last time we played them, however they've been on a tear as of late so hopefully we can end their streak. Wish me luck and pray my quad is back to normal!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You have a post-it Post-it. That suddenly struck me as immensely amusing.
I need to go ingest some caffeine...