Thursday, February 19, 2009

First of all, congratulations go out to my friend Sue and her husband, Pete, who welcomed their daughter Karley Sofia Cusato into the world today. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 10 oz and I couldn't be more excited for them! I only wish I had found out about it earlier so I could have stopped by the hospital after work! Maybe I'll have to take an extended lunch tomorrow or something instead!

Something I did not intend to get into this year, was American Idol. I don't watch all the auditions cause they irk me, and I didn't watch the first round of performances on Tuesday night either. However, I had read a lot about them on the internet on Wednesday, and last night when I got to my friend Amy's house before soccer, her husband was rooting for his favorite. I got completely sucked in and actually cared who went through (and yes, I was happy Tatiana has yet to make it)! So, I more than likely have too many shows to watch to watch the performance shows, but you don't need to!? I mean, they show the high and low lights just prior to booting people, so that's really all you need!

I JUST got finished watching Top Chef (SPOILERS AHEAD) and I thought it was a great episode! The last three booted chefs (Leah, Jeff and Jamie) went head to head in the quickfire for a spot in the elimination challenge. However, in order to continue on to the finale, they must WIN the elimination challenge. No pressure, right? Anyway, Jeff is the big winner and can feel the pressure from the get go. The elimination challenge consisted of the chefs catering a masquerade ball, where they had to prepare 2 dishes and a cocktail. The guest judge happened to be the King of New Orleans cuisine, Emeril Lagasse. All five chefs put out some great food, and the top three certainly was Carla, Jeff and Hosea. In what was probably one hell of an upset, Carla took the prize home with an oyster stew, winning a spot in the finale AND a brand new Toyota Venza! This was unfortunate for Jeff, especially since he did such a great job in the challenge. Hosea swiftly went on to the finale, leaving Stefan and Fabio in the bottom. Team Euro would be no more! Unfortunately, Fabio went home, even though the judges were far from impressed with Stefan's "laissez-faire" attitude. Hope he keeps it up through the finale next week! GO CARLA!!!

One more week of soccer, and I have to say I'm kind of glad. Our game was at 10 pm last night and that was a killer. We ended up losing 3-2 but it was a pretty good game... Until the other team got a little... violent! At one point I watched two women literally box Tre out of the goalie box. Another girl tripped her from behind, saying "she tripped herself" when Tre got the call (and subsequently scored a goal on the free kick). We definitely got pushed, but when we pushed back they were very whiny. Next week is it until September and while we won't have the whole team there, hopefully we can make a good effort on our last week.

On the way home from the game last night, Nikki asked us the words to "Rubber Duckie." As we were singing it to her, it reminded me of a funny story from Saturday night. Our family was playing Taboo and my aunt said "me and my ________." I instantly said "llama," a response that caused my entire family to look at me like I had three heads. Apparently none of them had seen Sesame Street, where the following first aired:



Anyway, thanks to Sandra for helping me find it, cause now the whole team realizes I'm not crazy. Yay!

So, in a very roundabout way (and a few times removed more than likely), I seem to be related to the lead singer (Ryder Lee) of the band, The Lost Trailers. My mom told me that his grandfather and my grandmother are first cousins. So, the band is up for two CMA Awards, one for Top New Vocal Group, an award which can be voted on by the fans. No, I've never met the guy and might never, but the least I can do is help him make his dreams come true. Go to their website to vote. You can vote once a day through March 5th, and tune in on April 5th to see how they do!

I agree with some of these, but others I don't think I'd be too thrilled with... at least not for MY bachelorette party!

So something weird was happening with my hair today, in that I let it dry too long and the too long piece in the back just... flipped itself out. It looked ridiculous but there was nothing I could do about it. Anyway, I was leaving the kitchen at work and trying to fix it in the glass of the snack machine when one of the attorneys came through the door and totally caught me. I knew he was laughing his ass off the minute I left the kitchen and I deserved it. I must have looked like a freak.

More news from The State: The two Michaels (Ian Black and Showalter) are getting a new show on Comedy Central, set to air in July.

Well.. we already know how much I adore Confessions of a Teen Idol.. Well this is kind of the "anti" teen idol show. I haven't had a chance to watch them all, but they are pretty short so they won't do too much to your attention span. There are some entertainin scenarios to go with hysterical cameos, so I say, give it a shot!

It's almost Friday and I'm TGIFing probably more than most. I think the Monday dress down day just screwed up the week hardcore! I mean, it's been ridiculously slow and I can only hope that tomorrow is different. Enjoy your weekend and if I'm home in time I'll do my best to live blog at least SOME of the Oscars!!