Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're in the postproduction stage of the movies. Hugh says it's the cool stuff. I say it's the part of the show where I just want the awards to end so I can go to bed. Oh wait.. That's the lifetime achievement award. Great montage of action movies though. I even think I saw Jason Statham in there a couple times... What more could a girl ask for?

Will Smith appears next to introduce the nominees for visual effects: Benjamin Button, The Dark Knight and Iron Man. The Oscar goes to: Benjamin Button. Again, there were LOTS of makeup and effects in that movie, so I'm not the least bit surprised to see it win these awards. Only one of three guys got to make a speech. Sucks to be them..

Outstanding sound editing: The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Slumdog Millionaire, Wanted and Wall-E. The Oscar goes to The Dark Knight! YAY! I'm telling you.. that was a GREAT flick and it shoudl have gotten more nominations than it did, so I'm glad to see it not totally getting it's ass kicked by Benjamin Button.

Sound mixing: Will Smith.. still trying to make the boring awards entertaining... Nominees are: Benjamin Button, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Wall-E and Wanted (these nominees look strangely familiar). The Oscar goes to: Slumdog Millionaire! Well.. at least no one hogged all the awards. It's nice to share the wealth.

I don't mean that they're boring awards, I just really want to get through them so I can see the big ones and hit the hay. Congrats to all the winners!!!

I'm totally not getting to bed before 11:30... Why does the show start at 8:30? Seriously.. That extra half hour was a waste of people I'd already seen on the E! red carpet!

Will Smith... still talking about post production. I think we're really near the end now, as it's time for the Editing award: The nominees are: Frost/Nixon, The Dark Knight, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire and Benjamin Button. The Oscar goes to Slumdog Millionaire, once again.

Someone get Danny Boyle a napkin. He needs to blot that forehead.. Must be hot in the theater.

Ok.. congrats to Jerry Lewis, but I need to get my stuff ready for tomorrow AND get myself ready for bed, so I'm gonna skip the lifetime achievement award. I'll be back in a bit.

No comments: