Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is going to be a baseball laden post, so I hope you're prepared. It IS that time of year after all!

The MLB Power Rankings were released and the O's are NOT in last place, so that's something! They are ranked 24th out of 30 teams, and of course, the last team in the AL East. Well, it's not like we were expecting big things this year, right? I can't lie, I kind of am. We're not terrible on paper and I'm hoping we're this years Tampa Bay Rays... maybe we should add to our team name. The Rays dropped "Devil," maybe we should pick it up!

Someone is looking for a comeback and in doing so, hoping to emulate his idol, Satchel Paige. All I can say is best of luck Oil Can!

Jeremy Guthrie will be pitching for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. Guthrie is the fave to start Opening Day for the O's and will hopefully share the honor with another O or two on Team USA!

Hopefully there'll be some good news for B-Rob this week..

So today I was trading geeky web sites and chatting about Heroes and Dollhouse with Bill, when we got into a conversation about how cheap it is to take the train from Albany/Hudson to Cleveland. Time consuming, but way cheaper than flying. Anyway, I looked at the O's schedule and found out they are playing in Cleveland in late September over a weekend. I've never been to Jacobs Field (or Progressive Field as it's now known.. whatever) so I thought it'd be cool to go there. I mean, I'm not dating anyone at the moment, but I guess that could get awkward. I mean, we're just friends and have been for at least five years, but I guess if my boyfriend went to visit his ex for a ball game or three, I'd be a little jealous. But like I said, if I don't have a boyfriend at the time of planning the trip, should I feel guilty about it? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it'd kind of be a cool opportunity!

Here's one for all the white kids...

Been a slow week for me in many ways. I'm gonna take my headache to bed and stay up for as much of the Real Housewives as I can take! Get ready for the hump day, and some not so great weather apparently!

No comments: