Sunday, February 22, 2009

I was just looking at red carpet pics online, and I thought Bridget Fonda was Helen Hunt. Oops.. I wondered why either would be there in the first place.

I think it's time for Best Supporting Actor. I really don't know who I want to win. I wouldn't mind if Heath Ledger won cause it was a great performance, but there's always that whole thing of whether he won because he died. Doubtful, as it really was a worthy performance! It'd be so cool if Robert Downey Jr. won as well. The men there to represent Best Supporting Actors of yore are Christopher Walken (PLEASE cut your hair), Kevin Kline, Cuba Gooding Jr, Alan Arkin and Joel Grey (ok.. Joel Grey? So cool...) He was just on Private Practice and made me bawl for days. And oh yeah.. he can dance! I heart him immensely... Anyway, the nominees are Philip Seymour Hoffman, Josh Brolin (grrrr), Robert Downey Jr., Michael Shannon and Heath Ledger.

And the Oscar goes to: Heath Ledger, who's family is there to accept on his behalf. Oh damn.. I've already got tears in my eyes so I don't know if I can even listen to his family speak. And damnit.. Sean Penn has tears in his eyes. If someone has tears in their eyes, I can't NOT have tears in my eyes!!! I'm pretty sure they won't be played off the stage during this acceptance speech! His father's speech was short and sweet and now it's his mom's turn to speak, also short and sweet. His sister is next and there really isn't a dry eye in the entire house! That's certainly a moment that will live on forever.

Yeah... after that, who really cares about the documentary yearbook?

No comments: