Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Once again, I'm icing my quad, hoping to get it ready for tomorrow night's game. My intention was to leave work early tomorrow to go to a class at my friend's gym, but that's not going to happen. Apparently the personal trainer who runs the class is pretty tough, so with my quad being the way it is, I think I'll wait another week!

So, A-Rod has admitted to using steroids. Honestly, I'm not all that surprised. I'm sure (and I hope) there are lots of MLB stars that don't and haven't used 'roids, but in the pre-testing era why wouldn't you at least dabble? I'm not condoning said behavior, just saying why wouldn't you give it a shot if no one cared or was going to catch you!? To go along with that, charges are being pressed against Miguel Tejada for lying to Congress regarding an ex-teammate's steroid use.

I believe I mentioned this the other day but now Ty Wigginton is officially an Oriole. YAY! :)

Believe it or not, I did watch part of Barack Obama's speech last night, mainly cause I was hoping he'd be nice enough to give me an exact date so I know when to expect my check/direct deposit. He didn't. However, I did spend that time thinking "I really wish he'd just read his speeches verbatim, cause he's not the greatest speaker when he goes off script." I mean, I've heard him speak before and I thought he was just fine, but when he answers questions and tries to go off on his own it felt a little.. well.. trainwrecky. Also, apparently he's got this kick ass, young speechwriter, who just so happens to share his name with one of my faves, Jon Favreau.

And oh yeah.. Barack's speech TOTALLY screwed up my Monday night of DVRing.. You don't mess with a girl's DVR schedule.

I don't know if you've heard, but Chris Brown is a douche.. I'll still listen to his songs, but I'll curse myself while doing it.

I've heard a lot about it, but last night was the first time I've ever watched Hoosiers. I've heard great things about it, but never really had the chance to watch it. I'm a big fan of the sports movie, but somehow this one never made it into my VCR. I thought it was a pretty good flick. Kind of predictable, but that's how a sports movie is made! I mean.. no one wants to cheer for the bad guy, am I right? EVERYONE loves an underdog!

I skipped my WW weigh in yesterday cause I was a BAD girl last week, and I might have to fall off the wagon a bit this week, thanks to this.. Not since the McGriddle have I seen such a breakfast fantasy.

Stars leaving Grey's? Again.. not shocked. I mean.. Izzie has been talking to a dead guy all season and I can't remember the last time I saw George do anything substantial.

I totally forgot about this, but WTF is up with Jamie getting booted from Top Chef and not Leah?! I mean.. seriously!? I watched the episode and no, Jamie's dish wasn't great, but neither was Leah's and I would think past performance would have SOMETHING to do with it! I'm soooo pissed. I adore Jamie and really liked watching her on the show, especially to see her get into it with Stephan. As much as he irks me, he also cracks me up! Let's take bets on whether Leah will be gone this week..

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Waffle SCHMAFFLE!! The McSkillet Burrito is b-fast nirvana.