Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've been banished to my bedroom, so it must be OSCAR time!

Good god, I love a man with an accent. I don't care what he does on the telecast, as long as he keeps talking.. SEXY! He starts off with a laugh too, that's a good sign. I knew he could sing and dance, but I've never seen him do it. And I'm always a sucker for a guy that can't help but laugh at himself. I thought the performance number was pretty funny, to be honest! It's fun to poke fun at the rich and famous, especially after last year's show was so.. well.. boring. And yes Hugh.. Anne Hathaway was a great Nixon.. I always like it when the host interacts with the stars because it's fun for them to be put on the spot and see how they react.

And yay.. we get to the first award quickly, with a montage of past Best Supporting Actress winners. Apparently past winners will each announce a nominee. I kind of like it. It's nice to see past winners welcome another to their exclusive club. This one includes Eva Marie Saint, Whoopi Goldberg, Anjelica Huston, Tilda Swinton and Goldie Hawn. I think Viola Davis might throw up, cry or both. Whoopi Goldberg always could get a laugh, even at the expense of nuns.

I'm warning you now.. if every award is going to take 20 minutes to present, I'm giving up early.

And the winner is: Penelope Cruz! Wow... I really didn't see that coming! I know she's won many awards for her role, but for some reason I thought something more dramatic would get it. Good for her! I have yet to see the movie but I heard it's great and may actually make me watch a Woody Allen movie all the way through.

My mom just called to ask me who "the woman is that looks like a statue." That would be Tilda Swinton. My mom still doesn't know who she is.

No comments: