Monday, February 09, 2009

After last week's soccer game (that the entire team has insisted didn't happen), we were determined to get a win by any means necessary. We decided dinner at Beff's would be the appropriate way to begin the evening. It sure was a good idea.. the food was awesome and the conversations entertaining. By the time we made it to the game, most of our bellies were full, some a little TOO full if you know what I mean! Still, everyone was ready to go, or so we thought. Mere minutes into the first half I went to kick a ball and felt a terrible stretch up my quad. Unfortunately, it was only going to get worse and I ended up leaving the game in the beginning of the second half, never to come back! I was disappointed, but we ended up winning 1-0. Our goalie kicked some major ass and they were actually a good team to play against. Not too bitchy and only slightly pushy! So, hopefully this means we're on a roll and will continue to play well again on Wednesday.

Big news today is that Chris Brown turned himself into police (and missed the Grammys) over an alleged domestic battery charge, the victim behing his girlfriend, Rihanna, who also missed the Grammys. He was let go on $50,000 bail and could be facing further charges. I have a feeling this might ruin his "good guy, teeny-bopper" reputation, don't you?

The new cast for Dancing with the Stars has been revealed and I'm slightly looking forward to it. I think there'll be some interesting dynamics: Julianne Hough, who said she wasn't coming back this season, has returned to dance with her boyfriend, country singer Chuck Wicks. Jewel and husband Ty Herndon will be competing against each other (supposedly partnered by real life couple Maksim and Karina), not to mention my favorite train wreck, Denise Richards. Other competitors include Lawrence Taylor (who I will NOT be voting for, thanks to an autograph snub at Disney World a very long time ago.. grudges.. I hold them), Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson, Steve-O of Jackass fame, David Alan Grier, Steve Wozniak (I wish he were still dating Kathy Griffin.. I'd love it if she showed up for some more fun!), Nancy O'Dell, Belinda Carlisle, Lil Kim (at least we know she's not afraid to wear.. well.. nothing) and Gilles Marini, best known for playing Samantha's mostly naked neighbor in the SATC movie. It's an interesting cast, but I'm not sure who'll be the breakout star. Damnit.. now I really do have to watch it again. I was so planning on cutting back.

This is an actual email conversation I had today with my friend (and ex boyfriend) Bill:
K: Pulled my quad playing soccer last night, so my big plans are to ice my quad and sit under my snuggie. Yep, I said it.. my snuggie.
B: How are those snuggies? Do you wear it outside the house like in the TV ads?
K: I do NOT wear it out of the house, but I do love it. It's very convenient for getting your soda or the remote while staying under the blanket. The sleeves on mine are kind along though.
B: So do you even wear clothes under it? And Why would you wear it outside? I mean you didn't want to ge the thing wet/dirty and then lay on your couch.
K: YES you wear clothes underneath it! It's basically a blanket.. it just has sleeves.. I guess you could wear it at a sporting event to keep you warm or something, but I personally wouldn't!
B: I am going to get one and wear it shopping.
K: Please take pictures

I believe he went on to say he would wear it out on dates, to which I replied that he would surely get laid while wearing a snuggie. I mean.. what girl can turn down a guy who buys her dinner AND keeps her warm?

He also told me about this website, where you take a quiz and it tells you the top 24 places you should live. My top two were Norfolk, VA and Oklahoma City, OK. I'm happy to say Baltimore DID make the list!

Time for me to go.. I have to finish watching Hoosiers and ice down my quad so I'm ready for Wednesday's game. I'm hoping to basically numb it into submission.

No comments: