Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lifetime achievement... humanitarian award.. whatever. Jerry Lewis looked good and kept it short and sweet as well.

We're back with Hugh Jackman again.. it's all about the music and then we get a selection from each of the nominated scores, as played by the Oscar orchestra.. The nominated scores are from Benjamin Button, Defiance, Wall-E, Milk and Slumdog Millionaire, as presented by Zac Efron and Alicia Keys. I don't care if she IS wearing a weave, I dig it! The Oscar goes to Slumdog Millionaire. I think the Indians might be taking over the Oscars this year. It seems this movie can't lose!

The next award is for best original song, which I'm kind of glad they're only playing snippets of each and not a full performance for each song (sorry Peter Gabriel). Two of the songs are from Slumdog Millionaire while one is from Wall-E. I wonder who will win!? (note the sarcasm). I know it's only bits and pieces but the Slumdog Millionaire crew is putting on a pretty decent performance piece, even with the time constraints. John Legend is up, and I'm thinking it's to take Peter Gabriel's place in performing the nominated song from Wall-E, but I can't be sure. He's backed by an African choir, so I can only assume it's not from Slumdog Millionaire. Lots of dancers back on stage, so the final song from Slumdog Millionaire is up. Loving the dancing on this show, I really am..

And the Oscar goes to: Slumdog Millionaire. I'm pretty sure no one is suprised by the outcome.

No comments: