Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tina Fey and Steve Martin teach us how to write a movie. MUCH better dress on Tina today than at the Golden Globes. Two funny people being funny.. how can you go wrong? Especially when you poke fun at Scientology... but not really..

They are presenting the award for Best Original Screenplay: Frozen River, Happy-Go-Lucky, In Bruges, Milk and Wall-E.

And the Oscar goes to Dustin Lance Black for Milk! I have yet to see the movie since God forbid Hudson get any Oscar-nominated film, but I've heard great things and it seems to be well-deserved. I'm afraid the Chatham Film Club will be disappointed tonight, as Frozen River didn't win. I believe the writer of that film lives in East Chatham!

Good speech as well. I guess it'd be kind of wrong if a writer couldn't write a great speech, am I right?

Next up: Adapted Screenplay: Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, The Reader and Slumdog Millionaire.

And the Oscar goes to: Slumdog Millionaire! Just one of what I'm sure will be many awards for that cast and crew tonight.

Jennifer Aniston and Jack Black.. there's a couple. She looks beautiful, which IS the best revenge when your ex-husband and his hot girlfriend are in the front row. She and Jack Black introduce the first "video yearbook" geared towards animation. I'd tell you more about it, but I need to fold my laundry.

Nominees for Best Animated Feature are Bolt, Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda, with the Oscar going to Wall-E. I'm afraid I'm not up to date on my animated movie watching, but I really want to see both Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda.. Bolt looks cute, but it's not on my Must See list.

Animated Short Film is the next category Aniston and Black present. They play off each other really well! The nominees are: La Maison en Petits Cubes, Lavatory-Love Story, Oktapodi, Presto and This Way Up (and no.. I haven't see any of these either). The winner is La Maison en Petits Cubes. Viva La France, even though a Chinese guy is accepting and obviously English is NOT his first language. He does know how to say Thank you though! That's a good start and he ends with a "domo origato Mr. roboto." A sense of humor.. very nice

No comments: