Thursday, March 15, 2007

You've SERIOUSLY Got to be Shitting Me

Our Office Manager just “stopped by” my cubby to tell me that one of the girls has to leave for a doctor’s appointment tomorrow at 2:45. It can’t be changed. Anyway, there is some document that needs to go out tomorrow and if she doesn’t get it done, I have to stay and help. I was like.. um.. I had no plans on being here at 4:00 and she gave me this look and was like “well, you need to stay to help.” (Honestly.. the last thing I need to do is stay in this office.. on a friday... but I digress) So I said “that’s fine.. but if the weather gets bad, I’m leaving regardless.” That went over like a fart in church. Ok.. I’m sorry for being the bitchy, non helpful co-worker, but there is literally going to be NO ONE here tomorrow. If it needs to get out, get it done tonight when people are here and more than likely staying late to do other stuff. I’m just irritated as I was quite excited (as you well know) to be out of here at 3:30 tomorrow. I almost don’t want to come in early if I’m going to have to stay anyway. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. I think what I hate most is that I’ll probably be twiddling my thumbs most of the day but then at 4:00 it’ll be “hurry, hurry, things need to get done,” and that’s just not fair. On the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day. Seriously.. the f’n nerve…. I’ll keep you posted on this one.

No comments: