Friday, March 16, 2007

Update to Yesterday's Work Related Post

So.. around 5:25 i get back to my desk and the other paralegal says something to me along the lines of "we're gonna fight about this." I have no clue what she's talking about and then she starts in on this whole issue (the staying late thing) and how she can't believe I'd stick her with it after she's been busy all week, yadda yadda yadda. OK.. first of all, I never said I WASN'T staying.. I have to. It's in my job description.. but do I have to be all sunshine and roses about it? Umm.. no. So i basically said that to her and wanted to say "yes.. I forgot you're the only one that works here" but I restrained myself. I pretty much just walked away from her after that because there was nothing more to say. Apparently they weren't making her do it because she has a closing today (oh yeah.. she doesn't). Plus, it's something she's familiar with and I've never done it. So why would you have me do it when it has to get out ASAP instead of someone who's familiar with it? She's been a super bitch for two weeks and everyone's afraid of her. She got me so pissed that I almost started to cry.. I was just so irritated and I knew if I didn't cry and/or walk away from her, I'd say something that would have gone over like a fart in church. I said goodnight to her last night (out of spite) but that was it. I'm curious to see how today goes. She'll either not talk to me or kiss my ass. I hope she doesn't talk to me...

Don’t get me wrong, I know I didn’t handle it the right way in the first place, but it’s not her place to confront me on it. That’s why there are supervisors and other such people. I had smoothed it over with the office manager regarding the way I handled it and had considered the issue over. Honestly, I had forgotten that the other secretary had today off so I was taken aback and confused as to why it had come to me, and I didn’t want to be stuck here not knowing what the hell I was doing. That was (and is) my issue. I’m not sure if it’s even going to happen, which will really irritate me because a big deal was made over nothing. Par for the course. Again, I’ll keep you posted on this one. It could get ugly.

No comments: