Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Finally, the weekend rewind!

I apologize again for being such a blog slacker as of late. I’ve either actually been busy at work, gotten really good at pretending I’m busy at work, or had little to blog about. It must be one of the first two.

Saturday was the bowling tournament you’d heard so much about. I believe I was 30 pins behind my sister after the first block of four games with a total of 791. Then I had a beer, ate lunch and sat in a car for forty minutes. It was all downhill from there. I bowled absolutely awful (my father and I tied the first game with a stellar 137) and bowled my way right out of the Top 5. It didn’t really matter to me as I had to do some figuring regarding the jackpots that I was in charge of, so not having to bowl in the Baker System final (each team has five bowlers, each of which bowls two frames) was actually better for me. I got done, had a few more beers and cheered on my team. After the bowling was done we went to the Elks Club for dinner. I had a great time! I used to bartend at the Elks Club while I went back to school for my paralegal degree so it was nice to see everyone again. They actually asked if I’d be interested in coming back to bartend and I might take them up on it. I mean.. it would suck to take time out from when I normally see J. (Saturday nights) but they’re pretty good to me tip-wise and it’s not a really hard job, nor do they stay out too late. It’s a rarity if I’m there past 11 or 12. More on that to come in April when the changing of the guard occurs. Anyway, I was rip roaring to go out Saturday night but my sister was the voice of reason (even more of a rarity) and said I certainly didn’t need to go out, nor did I want to. She was right. I was so happy to hit my bed when I got home. I called J. real quick (thank god he didn’t answer) and passed out the second my head hit the pillow. I had a second heartbeat in my head when I woke up at 7 am but it was basically gone when my dad called at 10 am. A slice of pizza and a shower later, Tre were on our way to our friend Nancy’s baby shower. She’s having twins so it wasn’t just a normal baby shower, it was two times the presents. The food in general was pretty good, but the macaroni and cheese was to die for! Kozel’s should definitely put it on their menu. Nancy is HUGE (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) and she did a good job of getting through all the presents. Then again, she was probably way more uncomfortable than anyone else and just wanted to get into her sweats and back to her house!

Things have been pretty quiet since then. Tonight I plan on making ziti for dinner. J. always goes to his brother’s on Monday nights and I happened to ask what he was having for dinner over there (sometimes he brings it, sometimes his sister-in-law cooks), and what was his answer? Yep… ziti. That figures. He said he didn’t care if he had it two nights in a row and I already had everything so I figured I’d make it anyway. As usual, if it sucks, we order pizza. I think it’ll turn out ok. It seems like kind of a no-brainer (famous last words) so I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m determined to watch SLC Punk tonight also. I’ve had it for practically a month and we haven’t gotten around to watching it. He insists that if we watch it in bed, I’ll fall asleep and if we watch it on the couch, he’ll fall asleep and I’ll get mad (I do hate it when he falls asleep during the movie, but he’s already seen it so I wouldn’t be THAT upset). Anyway, this all is because I fell asleep watching Crank last week. What he doesn’t understand is that I had stayed late at work last Monday night, was on my feet all day last Tuesday with the closing and had gotten up early on Tuesday morning to go to the gym. Therefore, I was a little more tired than usual. Unless he comes up with something better we WILL watch the movie and I’ll have another one by the weekend.

Gossip… I’ve been slacking on that too, haven’t I? Not much has been going on in the land of Hollywood! Joel Madden of Good Charlotte has been accused of roughing up a female paparazzo(?), which isn’t real surprising considering TMZ had footage of him stiff arming another member of the paparazzi to get them away from girlfriend, Nicole Ritchie. Apparently there’s lots going on at American Idol and Rosie O’Donnell wants to get in on the action. She’s basically accusing the show of being “weightist and racist” as it kicked off former contestant Frenchie Davis for breast baring shots, when Antonella Barba (cute and white) isn’t getting the same kind of treatment. Considering Frenchie’s shots were for a job and Antonella’s were (supposedly) on her personal computer, I guess there is a difference, but I’m curious to see how the Idol people spin this into their favor. And oh yeah.. Frenchie actually had a shot at winning. I can’t say the same about Antonella but she will be googled for months to come and isn’t that what having your 15 minutes is all about?

I’ll try to post my comments on Heroes sometime tomorrow and of course, America’s Next Top Model as I finally managed to watch the whole show. Let’s just say it’s gonna be a bitchfest and that is why I love Tyra Banks, jiggly or not!

No comments: