Friday, March 09, 2007

Where oh where, has my paycheck gone?

I normally love Payday Fridays. They are my favorite day of the working week. However, when your paycheck is pretty much gone the minute you get it, the luster kind of wears off, don’t you agree? That is the dilemma I’m facing right now. Thank god for Netflix. At least I can catch up on movie watching, and I’m sure there are movies J. owns that he feels I need to see. We still haven’t watched The Prestige (since he got it on DVD) and I have yet to watch The Departed since he got it for me. As you can see, it’s looking to be an entertaining weekend. Thank goodness for the dart board, pool table and ping pong table. It gives us something to do besides go out. Although if last time we drank is any indication, I might want to stop and get some mixers on my way home from bowling!

Yesterday was pretty low key, as usual. I went to Sue’s, then to dance, then to J.’s. It was so damn cold that I stopped and got a hot cocoa on the way and let me tell you, it tasted FABULOUS, as did the bite I snaked from J.’s breakfast sandwich. Everything was reruns (I think) so we were asleep by 10:30. I needed it after the early morning I had yesterday. I managed to get in here by 8 today, so I’m out no later than 4:30. We have staff lunch today, which means they buy us lunch. It’s never quite what you want, but it’s free. Can you really knock that? Anyway, if no one hangs out past a half hour you can bet I’ll be only doing a half hour lunch and leaving at 4. I love getting home at a regular hour on Fridays. I might do it all summer and let them think I’m still bowling! Wow.. did I really say that? Because if I’m here this summer I’ll go postal. Anyway, tonight is bowling where I have to give the knocker upper his wallet. Joy. Also, I hope my teammate shows up on time as my bowling ball is in her car! Speaking of the knocker upper, he called me four times yesterday because he had an extra ticket to see Breaking Benjamin, which was a sold out show. Did I want to go? Absolutely! Did I want to go with him? Negative. I didn’t even call back to thank him for thinking of me. I just decided to avoid the whole situation so I’m sure I’ll get the third degree tonight.

Today is the 10th anniversary of the death of Christopher Wallace, the Notorious B.I.G. As far as I know, it’s still considered an unsolved murder. Click here for some quotes from the man himself. Today also marks the 20th anniversary of the release of U2’s “The Joshua Tree.” Now I don’t pretend to be a huge U2 fan, but I did get schooled in them by a superfan ex-boyfriend and I have to say that this is quite possibly one of the best albums of the 80’s, perhaps for “Where the Streets Have No Name” alone. I mean, this is the album that made U2 the band they are today, even though they got better with age. Everyone has to start somewhere.

On the gossip front, there’s a little rumor going around that not only has Tom Brady impregnated Bridget Moynahan, but he might have sperminated Gisele Bundchen. I don’t particularly believe this rumor. The girl is a supermodel. She was with Leonardo DiCaprio for what seems like ever. I don’t think she’d let herself (and her body) get knocked up by the next guy that comes along. Then again, models aren’t know for their common sense.

No comments: