Thursday, March 29, 2007

I need to start playing the lottery..

I was at work until 8:00 last night, which is funny considering we were in the best shape we’ve ever been for a closing. I’d hate to see what would have happened if we were in bad shape. I basically left here, got a happy meal (I gave J. the toy.. I don’t think he was impressed), tried to watch TV and eventually went to bed. It’s funny how J. isn’t getting enough sleep and I’m getting TONS as I’m going to bed at ungodly early hours. Anyway, like I said, I have a closing today so this may be the only time I have to post so I better get to it, and quick!

Let’s start with reality result shows: Paulina Porizkova got booted from Dancing with the Stars and rightfully so. It’s not that she was bad, she was just…. boring and lacking a strong fan base like the others. I will be shocked and disappointed if Leeza Gibbons doesn’t bite it next week. I wasn’t awake to watch last night, but Goil was dismissed from Top Design. I can’t say I’m all that surprised. He’s been losing his shit the last few weeks and his “innovation” might have been too much for the judges. Chris Sligh, the curly haired singer from Greenville, SC (one of my old pseudo stomping grounds and home to my red carpet partner in crime, C. Howe) was eliminated from American Idol. He and Haley Scarnato were in the bottom two and after hearing him butcher my favorite Police song “Everything Little Thing She Does is Magic,” I can see why. Sanjaya and his seven ponytail fauxhawk are somehow still going strong. America has issues. I don’t know what has happened on America’s Next Top Model, but I do know the girls were getting a little skeeved out by Natasha’s “not” green card marriage. I can’t wait to watch the episode!

In other reality show news (kind of) Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi has separated from her husband, renowned writer Salman Rushdie. No offense, but she was way too hot for him anyway.

I had a list of things to write about, but damned if I can remember them now. It’s been a long week and I can’t wait until it’s over. My friend Amy is supposed to be coming into town this weekend, but she hasn’t been feeling well so I’m not sure what will happen. I’m trying to get my shit together for Ireland but the weather is kind of similar so I’m wearing what I’m going to pack, which make it difficult. I forced J. to go to the mall with me Tuesday night and hit all the girlie stores in one fell swoop. I even begged him to go have a cigarette so I could have a few minute alone at the Clinique counter, where the girl suckered me into buying more so I could get the free gift before I leave AND a lip gloss I didn’t know I needed or paid for. We also hit the discount beauty supply store and Bath and Body Works. Poor guy.. he was a good sport though. After that, we went to his sister’s house for what was supposed to be a quick visit. We finally left around 10:30. His sister kind of scares me, as she’s very similar to him, but it seems like she likes me and I laughed my ass off the whole time. I also found out that J. is going to Florida the week I’m in Ireland. A buddy of his is retiring from the Navy so he’s going down for his ceremony and spending the week with him. He leaves and comes back the day after I do, so we both need to get packing!

Anyway, sorry I missed your hump day, but at least it’s getting closer to the end of the week! Hope you have a great one and if I can, I’ll throw some more fluff your way later on. If not, buck up little camper… tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

No comments: