Friday, March 02, 2007

Working for the Weekend

Not much time left for me.. I’m a short-timer here today, and I’m loving every minute of it! I’ve been pretty busy and have only now found some real downtime in which to make it look like I’m working and blog at the same time. It’s a gift people.. not everyone has it. Anyway, here’s the haps for the day:

It seems Angelina Jolie has gone through the motions of adopting a baby from Vietnam. She and Brad Pitt were there back around Thanksgiving and they toured quite a few orphanages during their stay. I give her a lot of credit for doing it, as adoption seems like it would be a lot of work. I just find it interesting that two people with such huge careers find the time to have four children! I know people who work part-time or stay at home and still are unable to pull shit together. Then again, they don’t have the money and help the stars have. Anyway, congratulations to the new Jolie-Pitt child. You are one of the four luckiest kids in the world (so far).

Peyton Manning is hosting Saturday Night Live on March 24th, his 31st birthday. I love me some Peyton Manning, but I can only imagine what train wreck this will be. I really don’t like it when people who aren’t actors host, as it’s obvious they’re looking at cue cards and they usually suck. However, I do enjoy Peyton in his television commercials, so maybe he’ll prove me wrong and have some slight acting chops. Guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I can certainly think of worse ways to ring in your birthday!

John Ratzenberger, best known for playing Cliff Claven on Cheers, will be replacing Vincent Pastore on Dancing with the Stars. It seems Cliff might actually be a decent enough hoofer and I hope he is, as he only has two weeks to prepare for the first show. He will inherit Pastore’s mentor, Edyta Sliwinska, who I believe was paired with Joey Lawrence last season. That can’t hurt! He could get the sympathy vote from the older generation as the young kids won’t have a clue who he is! Now, I’m intrigued. I would love to see Cliff Claven twirling around the dance floor, mopping it up with Ian Ziering and Joey Fatone. Wouldn’t that be amazing!?

Now, I don’t watch Nashville Star but I found this story to be interesting.

I’m not even going to touch the Katherine Heigl contract negotiations, mainly because it seems like she’s contractually obligated to the show for quite some time so there isn’t much to say except, ooh.. that girl is PISSED!!!

I finished the book “Dear John” by Nicholas Sparks at lunch today. I usually don’t read the weepy page turners, but I like the movie “A Walk to Remember” and everyone says Sparks is a great writer. I have to admit, I really liked the book. It was an interesting story in this time of war, mainly about love and loss and I recommend it, even if it’s not the kind of book you would usually read. I went online and ordered “My Friend Leonard” by James Frey and the book “Vengeance,” which tells the story of the terrorists from the Munich Olympic bombings. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m so ridiculously intrigued by that whole situation and I’m trying to read everything I can on it. I saw a great documentary and really enjoyed the movie. The last book I read was from the POV of the athletes, while this one seems to be from that of the actual terrorists. Good stuff.. I also ordered J. a DVD copy of SLC Punk. He only owns it on VHS which is why I had to get it on Netflix in order for us to watch it (which we have yet to get around to).

Tonight is bowling, and again all day tomorrow. I’ll be plenty tired once that night ends, and since I’m sure I’ll have a lot of drinks in me also, I should sleep well! I was supposed to go to a party at J.’s brother’s tonight but I was able to back out. If you remember correctly, the last party I went to at his brother’s was not even slightly fun for me, as I was basically left alone the whole time. I mentioned that to him about this one and he just said that last time there were lots of people and family he hadn’t seen in a while and he was really drunk (not that it’s an excuse) but that is why I was left alone. Anyway, this seems to be just a small gathering of friends and significant others but I plead my case and don’t have to go. By the time I even get there it’ll be 10:00 and my father is picking me up in the morning around 8:00 to bowl. I don’t think getting hammered and having to get up extra early to get home and shower is a great idea. Luckily, J. agreed so I only feel slightly guilty for missing it. He doesn’t ask me to do stuff with his friends that often (he insists it’s because there rarely is anything they do together that I would enjoy) so I feel bad when I can’t make it. I’m like.. phantom girlfriend!! So instead, I plan on going home after bowling (and hopefully winning some cash) and watching either Four Brothers or Sherrybaby; whichever my sister is in the mood for, as she’s my partner in crime tonight. Then it’s off to bed, with my electric blanket on and hopefully no late night phone calls! Hope you all have a great weekend and try to stay dry!!!

No comments: