Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Will wonders never cease....

I cooked ziti last night. No really… and it was actually kind of good! Granted, I used too much meat and probably too much cheese to make it an official Weight Watchers recipe, but it still hit the spot and I’m not even a huge fan of ziti! My cooking confidence is growing by leaps and bounds.. ok.. maybe not leaps and bounds. More like.. the steps of an ant.. but they’re steps in the right direction!

I got my St. Patty’s Day t-shirt in the mail yesterday and it fits! Well, I assume it does. Actually, it looks big but my sister’s looked like it would only fit an infant so I’m happy that I don’t have to search for another shirt. Now I’m just waiting for my package to come from Amazon.com, which was mailed out yesterday. I’m anxious to give J. his DVD copy of SLC Punk, which we FINALLY watched last night. I’ve always like Matthew Lillard, idiotic as he can be, and I thought the movie was pretty funny. I loved the way he constantly addressed the camera with his off the wall narration, and the ending was not what I expected. I recommend the movie and think you’ll laugh your ass off for the majority of the time. You know, if you like that sort of thing.

Does it make me a loser if I’m sending back SLC Punk to get Step Up from Netflix?

Speaking of me being a loser, Grease 2 was on HBO this morning when I was getting ready for work. I considered calling in, as I only have it on VHS. What can I say? I adore that movie and always have. I just remember my cousins making me a tape of the soundtrack (that they probably did by holding a tape recorder up to the TV) and adding Madness and The Kinks to the end of it. Anyway, it was the entrance of Michele Pfeiffer into the Hollywood lexicon (at least in my eyes) and while it was a lackluster sequel, it still held my attention, some 20-25 years later (even though I still think “Let’s Do It For Our Country” should have never made the final cut). Plus, it had a song about bowling and a song about reproduction. Granted, I didn’t know what reproduction was when I watched it, but it was still funny.

I’m planning a big ANTM posting, so I’ll cut this one short. Here’s what you need to know: Artie Lang from the Howard Stern show will be guest starring on 6 episodes of Rescue Me this season; Joely Richardson will be back on Nip/Tuck (she never really left the show, just took a hiatus to take care of her ailing daughter back in England) and James Van Der Beek will play an NFL rookie on the new series “Footballers Wives.” Am I the only one that’s happy he’s getting back to his Jonathan Moxon roots? Anyway, I’ll catch ya back later on. Enjoy your day and hump away!!! (I couldn’t resist)

No comments: