Thursday, March 01, 2007

Is it really possible?

These three things happened on the same day:

The birth of Alan Thicke (he's 60)
The birth of Mark Paul Gosselaar (he's 33 - Zach is 33... wow...)
The Cat in the Hat is 50.

Alan Thicke is older than the Cat in the Hat. I googled him to see how he's aged and I'll be honest.. he's a little more gray, but he still looks pretty good for 60! I caught a Growing Pains marathon on TV Land and it reminded me how much I really enjoyed that show. Ya know.. before Kirk Cameron became all god-fearing and didn't want to play the real Mike Seaver anymore. Do you think they could get away with having a character named Boner on a show these days? I think not! Yep.. those were the good old days. Remember when Matthew Perry (Sandy) played Carol's boyfriend and he died in a drunk driving accident? Now that's what I call television! Anyway, Alan Thicke... yeah.. I almost like the song his kid Robin has out now. It's nice to see he's back to Robin Thicke instead of just being Thicke, as he was a few years ago when he released another song I enjoyed. I think it was called "When I Get You Alone." It wasn't bad. I can't believe I just wrote a whole blog entry about the Thicke family... I really need to get the hell out of here.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I totally knew it was Jason Seaver's 60th--you KNOW I knew that,right?? I was refraining from mentioning it though because I observed Gavin Macleod's birthday on Wednesday. I didn't want to seem too celeb birthday-centric. Still, it was hard for me to hold in.
I hope that Robin Thicke song you dig is NOT the one he performed on Letterman the other night. It was horrid. I could not even sit through it. I'm all for a li'l shot of falsetto in a song, but he was singing in this ungodly eunuch Mickey Mouse voice and I swear he was just a mili-skoach lower than that pitch that only dogs can hear. And probably, had I not changed the channel I woulda started howling...