Thursday, March 15, 2007

POP!

As I told you yesterday, I went to see Music and Lyrics last night with my cousin Chrissy. I’m a sucker for a romantic comedy, especially one with Hugh Grant, so it was pretty much a no-brainer that I’d enjoy myself. The movie was actually very funny! The songs get into your head and I promise you’ll laugh at the cheesy 80’s video they show in the beginning and end of the movie. It was pretty reminiscent of how things were in the 80’s, all the way down to the tight pants and big hair. What can I say? I’ve been a relatively decent fan of Hugh Grant ever since he shimmied to the Pointer Sisters in Love Actually. His dance moves are pretty much the same in this film and still make you smirk every time he tries. It was a good way to spend an hour and a half, even if I am still burping up popcorn.

That was about the extent of my night. When I got home I called J., but he was already asleep. Occupational hazard of working at 4 am. He swore he’d be awake when I called, but he hadn’t taken a nap so I wasn’t all that surprised to find him asleep. I then called my friend Amy, who I’ve been playing phone tag with for almost a week. I did finally get a hold of her but we didn’t have the chance to talk as much as we need to. We’re going to attempt it again this weekend. However, she let me know that she still wants to come visit me the weekend of the 31st and may bring her man with her. We went to college with Dan, but they reconnected just a few months ago and have been an adorable couple ever since. He’s a piece of work and it’d be fun if they both came. Plus, Amy hasn’t met J. yet and as one of my best friends, I’m anxious to see what she thinks. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t know if I mentioned it, but all the girls from college were supposed to come visit that weekend, but one by one they bailed, so I canceled Girls Weekend. Amy had still been planning on coming, so I kind of hate to disappoint her.

Top Design is wearing on my psyche. I’m so sick of all these “group” projects. I don’t think it’s really a fair indication of the work the designers can do. For drama’s sake, Carisa and Michael ended up on the same team and the fur started to fly in 3.2 seconds (if that). Anywho, the premise was that both teams were putting together a party for Bacardi Limon, incorporating the five senses. Both had a tent to work with and very little time. Poor Goil kept getting the shaft and you were almost positive he was going to go home. Anyway, I fell asleep about 20 minutes in and woke up for eliminations so I’ll just tell you what I saw. Carisa, Michael and Matt won, mainly because their set up was slightly more classy and less.. well.. ugly. Andrea, Erik and Goil’s place just looked a tad tacky to me. Goil was the first to be told he was safe and the look of pure shock on his face was priceless. Anyway, they sent Erik packing and I think it was mainly because he took responsibility for the design, which was surprisingly heinous. He was a good sport about it and that leaves us with our final 5. I hope they get to do things on their own soon so you can really see what they’re capable of. Anyone can be part of a team, but when they’re on their own, can they step it up? That’s what the competition should be trying to figure out.

I didn’t watch the performances on Idol, but I did watch the results show. I know Brandon forgot the words, but at least he can sing! Someone please put Sanjaya out of his (and everyone else’s) misery. I feel for the kid, but even he knows he shouldn’t still be there. He’s gonna need a ton of therapy after this!

I reported on Brian Robert's contract extension yesterday, but for some reason neglected to post a picture. I will remedy that situation right now:

No comments: