Tuesday, March 13, 2007

If you can believe it

I’m crazy busy at work. Then again, the shit rolls downhill, doesn’t it? It’s making my day go by quickly and getting me to the weekend might not be as hard as I’d anticipated. Almost all the attorneys will be gone on Friday so that will be a nice way to end the week. Anyway, let’s get things started, shall we?

I got home relatively quick last night and was ready to settle in for an easy night. I started my laundry way earlier than normal, cooked myself up a turkey burger and fries, stuffed the envelopes for the bridal shower and sat down on the couch to watch Step Up. When I put it in the DVD player, I noticed there was a crack in it reminiscent of a bullet hole, but I thought I’d give it a shot (no pun intended). An hour in, the movie just shit the bed. It was JUST getting good! So, I had to do a report through Netflix and hope they send me a replacement soon. At least I’ll only have to watch 45 minutes of it instead of the whole thing when it does come!

J. managed to get himself onto my shit list (there’s a lot of shit going on, isn’t there?). He was supposed to be on vacation next week but there is a heavy shipment going down so they pushed it back. His boss asked him (at an ungodly hour of the morning) if he could take it the week of April 8th, which he said yes to. Yep.. that’s the week I’m in Ireland. Now, it’s not like we had anything planned, but it’d be nice to have the same week off as your boyfriend if you were going to be in the country! So, I was just saying that if they’re asking him to push his scheduled vacation back, then he should have a say in when he takes it. He insists he did. Um… right. So then I asked him not to work on April 6th, as that’s the day I leave and he’s not supposed to work on Fridays but he said “well, it’s the last day of the shipment.” Yeah… you can see where I rate in all this. Anyway, he was trying to say that he could probably use a day and not work on the 6th but he’s also on this whole “I do what I want” rampage (which I’m well aware of as he does do what he wants). So, I know he was trying to do the right thing by saying he’d take the day off but I basically said “do whatever you want, you’re going to anyway.” I was pissed! I then said “I’m done with this conversation, I’ll talk to you later.” He did call later on that night and I admit, I wasn’t real talkative, but that was because I was trying to watch the rest of the pilot of The Riches. So, I’ve decided not to mention it at all and see what he does. It’s not like I need his help to pack or get there, but it’d be nice to spend some quality time with your boyfriend the day before you LEAVE THE COUNTRY!

Whoo.. got that off my chest. Oh yeah.. Jason finally realized I’m not speaking to him (yep, he’s a brain surgeon) and wanted to know why. I basically said “you didn’t do anything, I’m just done worrying about other people’s feelings and it’s time I put my own feelings first.”
His response: Whatever.
Mine: Exactly what I mean.
His response: Well, I wrote us off already (um.. I wrote us off a year ago).
Mine: Then give your friends your “upgraded” girlfriend’s phone number to get a hold of you. I’m sorry you’re not mature enough to be my friend (what I really wanted to say is that you can’t be just my friend if you’re constantly trying to get in my pants. It doesn’t work that way.. but I think he got the point, as I didn’t get a response.) Unless he does something else dumb enough for me to warrant a mention, you might not read about him any more!

On a happy note, they’ve finally announced the casting for Project Runway, which means they’ll probably shoot over the summer and show at Fall Fashion Week. I was getting worried, but now I’m so darn excited. I wasn’t going to be able to wait until the fall.

Finally, Carrie Underwood is the musical guest on SNL when Peyton Manning is the host. Be careful Peyton.. I’ve heard Miss Underwood digs the strong, quarterback type!

Enjoy your evening and hope your day goes by quickly!

PS - I just got into a March Madness pool at work... Anyone want to give me any insight? I watch the games all the time, but know nothing about the teams.. except that Syracuse isn't in it (Sorry Rob.. had to go there)

1 comment:

Rob said...

Pick Syracuse to win the NIT! :)