Friday, March 23, 2007

Too many sports at once!

The Orioles beat the Dodgers 8-0 yesterday, thanks to the work of Steve Trachsel and Nick Markakis (thanks for the picture O's). Trachsel worked 6 innings, only allowing two doubles and two walks. Guthrie had two scoreless innings and “The Todd” worked a scoreless ninth (I wonder if he’ll feel me up on Photo Day again… good times). Anyway, Markakis was stellar at the plate, just missing the cycle by a double. He had a solo home run in the first, a two run shot in the third, an RBI triple in the fourth and a single for good measure. He’s hitting over .400 in the preseason and I can only hope he can continue the tear he’s on and prove that he’s not a one season wonder. The O’s travel to play the Red Sox today, pitting Erik Bedard against Curt Schilling. The season can’t come quick enough!

It’s that time again… the Sweet 16. Some of the top seeds BARELY eked out wins last night, but I’m still in good shape. I had Kansas, UCLA and Ohio State to win, but I’m screwed in the other bracket as I don’t have Memphis (or Texas A & M for that matter) going anywhere. All I can do is pray that Ohio State beats Memphis so I can redeem myself. I have a feeling I’m going to shit the bed in my pool which sucks, as I’ve been ahead throughout the whole thing. However, two people had all their teams still in going into the Sweet 16. I’m only down one, but that might be enough to overtake me. I’ll keep you posted as to how I’m doing. I know I’m not ahead by too much and I’d hate to peter out at the end after doing so well!!

To end my sports themed post, let me remind you that Peyton Manning is hosting Saturday Night Live with musical guest, Carrie Underwood. I think I’ll have to DVR that. I mean.. he’s not an actor so you know he’ll screw up and laugh, but it seems like he has a good enough sense of humor that he might actually do well and not mind poking fun at himself. I still laugh at his other commercials so it might be worth the wasted space on the DVR. Wow, that will put Peyton in the same bracket as Jeremy Piven. If only he knew…

I’m swamped at work today. The HB is up my ass and it’s not a pleasant place to be for anyone, so this could be my one and only post of the day. If that’s the case, TGIF and have a fantastic weekend. We’re finally getting the weather we should be so go out and enjoy it!

No comments: