Friday, March 02, 2007

TGIF... need I say more?

Last night was pretty uneventful. I went to Sue’s after work and hung out with her and her husband Pete, who decided that instead of us going to dance, he wants to pay our dance teacher $80.00 a month for us to NOT go, so we can sit home, drink beer and watch TV with him. I’m ok with that. It’s not that I don’t like it. Once I get there I’m fine. It’s the getting there that’s tough. The class starts at 7:45 which is pretty much when I’m already hunkered down in my jammies watching Alex Trebek. However, once we get there and start dancing, it’s a good time and a decent workout to boot. After class I went to J’s and we watched a bit of “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.” I’m so not. He got 9 out of 10 right on the online test. I got 4. I really can’t believe those are questions that I knew the answers to at some point. I did really well in elementary school too! I would be mortified to go on that show. I’d probably walk away with $1,000, only because I cheated off the other kid’s paper!

The weather was not as treacherous as I had anticipated, so I made it into work by 8:30ish. I have no idea how, as for some reason I was exhausted this morning. J. left around 5:45 and I asked him to call me and let me know he got to work ok and how the roads were. My phone never rang but my voicemail alarm went off at 6:10. I almost got up to go to work so I could get out even earlier, but I decided to just shut my eyes for another 10 minutes or so. An hour later, the alarm went off. I feel like I could have slept for days! After slamming the alarm down a few times I finally got out of bed and off to work. It was supposed to be insanely icy, so I didn’t expect to get to work any earlier than 9, but when I went outside to wipe off my car I was happy to find the ice came right off and the roads were mainly wet. A few slippery spots, but not all that bad. Therefore, I’m leaving at 4:00 and counting down the minutes until I can get the hell out of here for the weekend. What makes that different from any other Friday? A half hour to an hour, that’s what!!!

The O’s lost their first spring training game to the Florida Marlins 8-6. If I’m not mistaken, Steve Trachsel lasted an inning or so with three earned runs. THANKS KRIS BENSON!!! Ok.. I know it’s not his fault, but I need someone to blame and I’m taking him down with me. He was only supposed to throw 35 pitches, but ended up with 28, 16 of which were strikes. The O’s did battle back to tie but a walk off homer in the ninth inning did them in. Note to O’s: I didn’t REALLY want you to lose, but if this is what you need to make it a good season, I will support you! Anyway, the O’s play the Marlins again today at 1:05 with potential Opening Day starter Erik Bedard on the mound against Dontrelle Willis.

And oh yeah.. they’re finally burying Anna Nicole Smith today. One of the mourners is Slash. I’m not even going to attempt to touch that one.

No comments: