Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Who wants some gossip!?

Ok, it’s not really gossip because it’s true, but the Orioles have FINALLY signed Brian Roberts to a two year contract extension. He was up for free agency in 2008 but they managed to snag him through 2009. If I only knew when Photo Day was, I’d be able to rest easy.

Today is National Potato Chip Day. Don’t ask me why or how I know this, but if I am telling you, it must be true. I’m afraid I won’t imbibe any chips today though. I’m headed to the movies tonight to see Music and Lyrics with my cousin, Chrissy. We’ve been planning this for so long that I was pretty sure the movie would leave the theater before we’d get a chance to see it! So, it’s popcorn for dinner for me tonight…. One of my favorites!

Tori Spelling gave birth to a bouncing baby boy yesterday. His name is Liam Aaron (after her dad.. the Aaron part I mean) and he weighed in at 6lbs, 6 oz. Apparently, her mother was even with her during the labor, which is a big step for the family. Looks like babies always do manage to bring people together.

Last night was pretty low-key. J. and I went to dinner at Friendly’s because I had a coupon. Yep.. a coupon. I actually had more than one but you can only use one at a time and they expire tomorrow. Every time we tried to go the damn place was packed! That was basically the extent of our night. We watched a repeat of NCIS that we’d both seen, but forgot the outcome of, channel surfed a bit, then went to bed. Yes my friends, we’re the epitome of the jet-setting, party all night celebrity couple, aren’t we? Perhaps we will be this weekend, just not in the same area. He’s headed to Boston to see the Dropkick Murphys while I’ll be whooping it up in NYC. He’ll be there all weekend but I’ll have more fun, as I’m wearing a really cool t-shirt. I might try to shrink it a little tonight. It’s in that awkward too-long-not-to-tuck-in phase and I know by the end of the night that tucking my shirt in is not a viable option. Plus, since my boobs are going to be covered the least I can do is show my ass and see if I can get some free drinks, right? Just a thought.

It was a crazy busy day at work (in a good way, if you can believe that) and I didn’t get to take a lunch so technically I could leave early. However, I think I’ll use that extra hour on Friday when there are NO attorneys present to give me more work! I’m out of here in a half hour so enjoy your evening and make the most of the warm weather we’ve got left!

No comments: