Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Me and my llama, we're going to the dentist

When you start your day off at the dentist, you can almost guarantee that things aren’t going to go your way.

The last time I went to the dentist was in September, and prior to that, I hadn’t gone in about three years. I know… bad Kara! Let me plead my case: I was in school for part of that time and didn’t have insurance for the rest. So, the exorbitant expense of dental care got thrown by the wayside. That will NEVER happen again. I learned my lesson, as it was an excruciating visit and I never want to go through that again without anesthesia. Anyway, I was pretty sure this visit would be better than the last so I went in there with a better outlook. Plus, I get my money back through my cafeteria medical plan so it’s almost like not spending it at all! Anyway, no cavities, but I do need to start flossing. It’s always been my downfall and this is the first time my dentist has ever really said anything to me about it, so I figured I might as well jump on the flossing bandwagon. The visit wasn’t half as bad as last time, but there was still a little pain. Hell, it’s the dentist! I got to work around 10:00 and was kind of prepared to start my day.

An hour later, I’m STARVING. I had the same breakfast I’ve had many times previous, but it just wasn’t working for me today. I had to eat one of the granola bars I keep in my desk. I had lunch around 1 and at 3:15, here I am, eating a granola bar again. I really don’t know what my deal is today. I’m not normally this hungry. Maybe I have a tapeworm.

I had to do this special project this afternoon (or so they tell me) and when I got back, the heinous bitch was up my ass. I sent her a list of documents we still need for a closing. I’ve been waiting on a secretary all day and since she asked me for the email of missing items, I figured I’d just send it, with a note that I was still waiting on the stuff from said secretary. will transcribe the conversation, but leave out the incriminating evidence: You tell me if I’m imagining the bitchiness..

HB: Please check with _______. Did she provide you with the most recent items Joe received? I also know that we have some of the public hearing items. Unfortunately, you need to check in multiple locations for missing items. Please do so before providing me with a list. Thanks.
Kara: I had been waiting since about 10 for _________ so I thought you'd want to see where we stood right now. I will continue to check with her.
HB: Instead of waiting for her, just ask her to give you her filing so that you can look.
Thanks.
Kara: I did this morning, and I just asked her again. Once I have it, I'll update you. Thanks

I have a feeling this whole “killing them with kindness” thing isn’t going to work out. (Don’t you love the overuse of “thanks?” God knows I didn’t mean it and I’m sure neither did she).

I’m going to try and get some work done AND try to get back to you later. If I don’t, enjoy your hump day!! Don’t forget to watch America’s Next Top Model tonight… Renee is finally going to lose her shit and I can tell it’s going to be GREAT TV.

No comments: