Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Does Hollywood have to remake EVERYTHING?

They’re remaking Teen Wolf… with a girl. I don’t know about you (and it may be my love for Alex P. Keaton talking) but why would you remake that movie? It’s awesomely 80’s and amazing and no one but Michael J. Fox should play Teen Wolf. No, not even Jason Bateman.

Nina Garcia, one of the ultra fabulous judges of Project Runway, has given birth to a son with her husband, David Conrod. Lucas Alexander Conrod weighed in at 7 lbs, 6 oz and is as fashionable as ever. I’m sure Nina will be in fighting shape to judge the next season of Project Runway.

I have a new favorite song: You Know I’m No Good by Amy Winehouse. I’ve heard a lot about her (and seen her penchant for bouffants) but I heard this song and loved it instantly. I felt that way about her other song, “Rehab” which I heard for the first time on my way to work this morning. Anyway, I downloaded it last night and it now sits firmly atop my Ipod playlists. I like the fact that unlike most, you can still hear her British accent when she’s singing. I never understood how or why performers somehow lose their accents when they sing.

I got a random email and phone call yesterday. I didn’t answer the phone call, as it was from a 212 area code and a number that I didn’t recognize. As I checked my voicemail, I was simultaneously checking my email and received one called “McFadden’s Saturday Winner.” Well, I spent many an hour dancing on the bar at McFaddens on St. Paddy’s Day, so I opened it. Apparently, I won 2 hours of free boozing from 9-11 on Saturday night. All top shelf, whatever I wanted. If anyone in my party wanted to do it, they would have to pay $15.00. Also, if I bought ten or more people with me, I’d receive a gift certificate for dinner. Great deal, right? I agree, however, I found out about it yesterday and do not live in NYC so it’s kind of a waste. My friend Amy is coming into town and it’s also my friend Shannon’s birthday. Both are good reasons to go, but the amount of money it’ll take to get down there and back doesn’t really add up. I did email the woman back and told her I was leaving for Ireland on Friday (little white lie) to see if it was something we could do another time, but I’m sure it’s a one shot deal. Hey, it can’t hurt, right? I always tend to win things I can’t use. I once won tickets to a Blessid Union of Souls concert, but I had something else to do that night. Just my luck.

I think we’ve heard THIS story before.

No comments: