Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's February...

who's still sticking to their New Year's Resolutions!?

In a shocking upset (note the sarcasm), Ilan Hall was named the winner of Top Chef. Honestly, I fell asleep around ten of 10, and woke up again at 10:45, so I saw very little of the show. It’ll be on Bravo constantly this weekend (and I DVR’d it) so I know I’ll get to see it. What I did see was the judges fawning over Marcel’s dishes, so Ilan must have really gone balls to the wall on this one. I was in and out for the rest of the show and happened to be out when they announced the winner. Obviously, I wasn’t able to stay awake to watch Top Design, but that is also ready and waiting on my DVR. In other words, I’ll keep you posted.

In what can only be construed as great news, Tim Gunn has decided to step down from Parson and work as Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne, effective March 5, 2007. If you read the press release, it states that Liz Claiborne is very supportive of Tim’s work on Project Runway and his new Bravo show, therefore it looks like it will only be a matter of time before Mr. Gunn signs his Project Runway contract. Also, the show could start sooner if they decided on a venue other than Parson’s as they may not have to wait for the school year to end. I’m sure more information will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations Tim!!! (Thanks to Bravotv.com for the pic)

I’m probably the last to jump on this bandwagon, but I watched the show “Bones” last night, and was completely sucked in! I loved it! I have always had an interest in forensics and crime, yet I have never gotten into any of the shows that showcase these topics. Plus, it’s normally on when America’s Next Top Model is on so you can see my dilemma. Anyway, not only does it star David Boreanaz (who had a great run on another show I didn’t start watching until it was in reruns, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), but the storyline kept me intrigued, yet unsure of what was to come for the entire episode. I might have to see what I can do to get into it a little more, as there were backstories/relationships that I didn’t know anything about. If J. weren’t so tired I think he might have slapped me upside the head, as I asked TONS of questions. My point is, I highly recommend Bones.

To round out my TV news (it is Thursday after all) Ed Helms (Andy Bernard) has been promoted to a regular on The Office. Rashida Jones (Karen Fillipelli) is still recurring. What does this say about the Pam-Jim-Karen triangle? Well, you all know what I’m hoping, but apparently Karen will confront Pam on the subject on tonight’s episode. If you’re looking, here are some previews of tonight’s episode.

Once again, I cooked last night. I’ve realized I can get J. to do just about anything if there’s food involved. Case in point: He worked at 3 am yesterday and had to work at 3 am again today. If that were me, would I feel like driving a half hour farther from work on little to no sleep? No, I wouldn’t. However, when I mentioned that I was making dinner and he wouldn’t have to buy anything, he was at my house in 45 minutes. Makes me wish I’d learned how to cook earlier in my life, as a man’s heart really may be through his stomach! Anyway, I made these Crusty Ham and Cheese sandwiches, which were quite good. So much so, that I have one for dinner tonight! I think they were a little on the small side for J., but luckily fatigue pulled through before he realized he was still hungry. I also made these Frozen Peanut Butter Bites. They taste so good and you get a lot for only one point. Even my sister liked them, which is usually not the case when it comes to Weight Watchers type of food.

My friend Justin has been bugging me regarding an Adult Spelling Bee at Bombers Burrito Bar on February 11th. Justin and I were in spelling bee against each other in fifth grade. We both got beat by the most annoying (and ridiculously smart) third grader. At least we weren’t the oldest kids in the spelling bee cause I doubt I’d ever live that down. Anyway, I misspelled curriculum on my first shot and I don’t think I’ve ever recovered (nor will I ever misspell it again). He wants me to compete, but I told him I’d go there to support and cheer him on. My sister also thinks I should enter but I don’t know. I’m a relatively good speller but it’s kind of like how I would be on reality TV: I just don’t want to be the first one booted. I have another week or so to decide, but I think I’ll stick with being the cheering section. I did just find out that it was a $300 first prize. So yeah, I might enter.

No comments: