Thursday, February 22, 2007

The short weeks are the worst

Another morning of swampiness! Thank god it’s almost lunchtime, as I’m starving like Marvin and I could use an hour of not staring at my computer screen!

Last night I stopped at the store on the way home as I (once again) was going to make J. and I dinner. I don’t mind making dinner if I know someone else will eat it. It seems like a big waste if it’s just for me, know what I’m saying? Anyway, I decided to go with the Weight Watchers Macaroni and Cheese recipe. It seemed just fine and easy to make, which it pretty much was. However, when I bit into it, it just didn’t taste… right. What can I say? I could not live without cheese. I love it and feel everything should be smothered in it. Therefore, the macaroni and cheese was heavier on the mac and less so on the cheese. It tasted just fine.. just not as cheesy as I’d like. To quote J: “it’s not that bad.” Thanks. I know that’s not how he meant it, but still. I do feel bad that he has to eat everything I make, but with his appetite (and the fact that he eats portions equivalent to that of a competitive eater) he doesn’t seem to mind, as he basically gets to eat whatever I don’t. Considering a “normal” portion size is about a cup, I’m not eating that much! However, I haven’t been exercising as much either. I meant to get up today, but it just wasn’t happening. I’ve been sleeping poorly lately.. waking up a lot and such, so I really did need the extra sleep. Or at least that’s what I’m continuing to tell myself. We’ll see what happens this weekend, and if not, next week is a new week!

After dinner we watched “From Hell” (his choice, as I chose the night before). I’m not that girl that swoons over Johnny Depp. If he was bald, maybe. But he’s not, so I don’t find him that attractive. The movie was about Jack the Ripper and it wasn’t a bad flick. However, we both fell asleep right at the end so I’m not really sure what happened. I’m not into period movies all that much, even ones with subject matter I find interesting, as with Jack the Ripper. I think I was just drained from the day and didn’t have the energy to concentrate. Plus, I’m not a huge Heather Graham fan either, even though she was in Swingers. That’s the bright spot of her career by far, cause who wants to be known for the rest of their life as “rollergirl?” Ok.. well.. probably Heather Graham, but whatever.

So, that was my night. I know.. me and my crazy life! I really can’t wait to get through the day and the week. Tomorrow I have to run out and get signatures, so that’ll be a nice hour and a half or so out of the office. Can’t complain about that. Something else I can’t complain about: The closing I had that was scheduled for Monday was pushed back to Tuesday. This SHOULD mean that I don’t have to come in this weekend. Key word there is “SHOULD” considering the heinous bitch is in charge. She’ll probably call me in just to ruin my weekend. I’m sure she’s good like that. My big plan for tonight is to get a haircut, print out my resume on pretty paper, make a grocery list and find out the big death on Grey’s Anatomy because I’m ALMOST positive it’s not Meredith. Anyway, I might be back later with some Office stuff, considering Rainn Wilson is hosting SNL this weekend, but we’ll see hwo the afternoon pans out.

PS - Britney’s back in rehab.. again.. Guess third time’s a charm, especially when your club-hopping, wife-beater wearing, soon to be ex-husband is starting to look like Father of the Year. How can you not love Hollywood?

No comments: