Friday, February 02, 2007

The groundhog speaks....

Punxatawney Phil did not see his shadow today, signifying an early spring. Considering we had a late winter, I guess that’s a great thing! In all honesty, I don’t recall the groundhog ever NOT seeing his shadow so this is kind of a landmark thing for me. With all the TV lights I don’t know how the groundhog ever couldn’t see his shadow, but today was that day. Way to go Phil!

Lots of entertainment news to get to. I’m hoping my day perks up so I’ll try to get a shitload in now, just in case this is my last opportunity.

Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy) and his wife welcomed a set of twin boys on Thursday. The boys are named Sullivan and Darby. Irish much?

Don Vito Margera (Bam’s uncle) will stand trial on felony charges of groping three girls at an MTV promotional appearance. Two of the girls are 12 years old, and the other 14. Apparently they came up to him for autographs and a picture, and ended up getting the bad touch. Don Vito could get probation or face up to 6 years in prison. Speaking of which, I saw the MTV show “Bam’s Unholy Union” the other night. As most of his shows are, it’s entertaining, but that’s only because he’s not my kid. In a future episode he trashes his bride’s wedding dress. That would be cause to cancel the wedding for me!

Project Runway is staying at Parsons and producers are “confident” that Tim Gunn will return.

Speaking of Bravo, Top Design was Bravo’s highest rated debut and the Top Chef finale beat ABC’s “Primetime” in the ratings.

Last Comic Standing is replacing host Anthony Clark with Bill Bellamy. They have also recruited new talent scouts: Former contestants Alonzo Bodden, Kathleen Madigan and Ant. I liked all three of them, even though Ant can be tremendously over the top. Speaking of him, drama is aplenty on the set of Celebrity Fit Club. Apparently Screech has been sequestered for being a douchebag to everyone, but mainly for threatening former Idol contestant Kimberly Locke. It’s too late in production to replace him so he’s being kept away from the other contestants until the end.

Been real tired this week. Passed out before 10 last night and didn’t get to watch any of my shows. That’s what DVR is for!! Anyway, big plans this weekend, kind of. J. and I are going cosmic bowling with my sister, cousin and some of our summer softball friends. I think it’ll be fun! Don’t know yet what I’m doing for Superbowl. Sunday is my Dad’s 55th birthday (Happy Birthday Dad) so we’re going to brunch for him and then giving him his present. I think I”ll be a tad strapped for cash and don’t want to be tantalized by pizza and wing buffets, so I might just watch the game from the privacy of my own home. Only time will tell on that one. Anyway, time to get to work. I got in at 8 am today which means I’ve wasted two hours already. Can’t wait to get out of here at 4:30. Hope that snow we’re supposed to get really is only a dusting because I don’t feel like driving to Catskill if it isn’t. Have a great weekend and perhaps you’ll get more insight from me later!

PS - Happy Birthday Rob!!!

No comments: