Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Would it be pathetic

if I had to leave work to go to the Emergency Room? I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and was reaching for the paper towels when I underestimated where the towel dispenser is and BAM… slammed my hand into the wall. I’m talking hard! It hurts like a bastard. No swelling as of yet, but the pain goes down into my wrist when I do certain things. Only me… Do you think you can get Worker’s Comp for something like that?

Tonight I’m going to attempt to take the Pop Culture IQ Test on VH1.com. It was supposed to happen last week but apparently there were lots of problems logging on so they’re doing it again. If you do well on it, you could be one of the three people to form a team for the World Series of Pop Culture. Chances are slim to none, but it’s much like the lottery: You can’t win if you don’t play! So.. along with attempting to cook dinner for J. tonight, I hope to be able to take a few minutes out to take the quiz. I’ll let you know how it goes.

There was a death in last night’s episode of Heroes, but not quite what you’d expect. They said “a hero is going to die.” Granted, one of them did, but it was someone that was only introduced in that episode and her ability (insanely good hearing) may drive Sylar crazy! I’m sure what they were talking about was the death of Simone, who wasn’t really a hero… or at least it was never revealed that she was. Isaac shot her accidentally when he was trying to shoot an invisible Peter. I can only imagine the ramifications of those actions, considering she had hinted to Nathan that she’d leak Peter and Nathan’s powers to the press. She didn’t do much for the show, so I’m not really that sorry to see her go. Hiro and Ando have parted ways, but I’m sure it’s only temporary. Parkman and the Radioactive Guy will finally get to confront HRG (Claire’s Dad) next week, which will more than likely answer some questions for Claire, who has plenty questions and suspicions regarding her father. Is he good, bad or indifferent? Guess we have to wait until next week to find out!

In sad news, Kathy Griffin’s father died over the weekend. He was a central and comical part of her show on Bravo and best wishes go out to her and her family during this very difficult time. I mean, even if you don’t think she’s funny, she’s really having a hard time catching a break in the last year!

XM and Sirius have decided to merge, although how that will affect current customers is still up in the air. Apparently the receivers for both are not compatible with the other so there’ll probably be a lot of reconfiguring and new receivers for all. Does that mean eventually I’ll get Howard Stern!? I guess it doesn’t really matter since I’m not in the car long enough to really enjoy it, but it’d be a nice alternative. It’ll be a while before everything’s figured out, so I don’t think I have much to worry about for quite some time.

In celebrity news, Ray Liotta has been arrested for drunk driving. Ray Liotta is one of those men for me that I’ve always loved, but has gone the way of Tom Skerrit recently. He was such a hottie, and now he’s very hit or miss. I have no desire to see his mug shot, as I’d like to think of him circa Goodfellas. That’s my fantasy Ray Liotta…

No comments: