Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Funny how things change...

As I mentioned earlier, I had lunch with my friend Tim this afternoon. We had such a great time chatting about things that had been going on in our lives, and about all the people who have changed, for better or worse. I was quite surprised when I saw him, as he is now about half of his former self! It’s probably been two and a half years (give or take) since I’ve seen him and he’s shed well over 100 pounds. Knowing how hard it is to do (especially the amount he took off) I commended him all lunch hour! Apparently he is/was doing some sort of weight loss plan down in Florida that is reminiscent of LA Weight Loss or Weight Watchers. Also, as a pseudo celebrity in those parts (he’s a DJ on a local morning show) he’s been tapped as their spokesperson and has commercials running during his morning show. Even while he’s up here he’s making money off those commercials! I took a picture of us before he left so I’ll try to post that in the near future. Anyway, it was a great time and it was good to see him and catch up!

As usual, today is not flying by fast enough. I’m considering taking a sick day but I think it would look shady if I took Friday off. Plus, my sister is taking it off too and doesn’t it defeat the purpose if you can’t be home by yourself? It’s not like I have anything special to do, but I have nothing going on at work either. Call me crazy, but I’d rather watch Deliverance than sit at work trying to think of ways to fake work. I’m sure I won’t have the balls to do it, but it sounds like a good idea.

In TV news: TLC is coming out with a modeling show called “The Petra Nemocova Project.” It seems like it will be the anti-America’s Next Top Model and more “realistic” to the way the modeling world works. I admit it, I’m intrigued. Are you surprised?

CBS has tapped Mark Paul Gosselaar to play a public defender in an office run by Janeane Garafalo for an upcoming pilot. How soon do you think it’ll be before Screech cameos as one of Zach’s cases? Could be sooner rather than later if he keeps up his Celebrity Fit Club escapades!

Here’s a clip from tomorrow night’s brand new episode of The Office.

In another stellar cameo, Stan Lee will appear in the February 19th episode of Heroes as a bus driver who has an encounter with Hiro. How does Hiro get all the sci-fi geek guest stars!?

If you live in a relatively metro area and want to see the Oscar nominees for best picture, click here.

I don’t know if any of you saw the Snickers commercial where two guys kissed as they tried to eat from different ends of the Snickers. In order to squash the homo undertones, they then proceeded to rip out their chest hair. I’m sorry, I laughed my ass off at this commercial and I can’t believe it’s that big a deal that they’re never running it again. I did happen to see it at my ultra religious cousin’s house on Superbowl Sunday. I don’t think I need to say that it went over like a fart in church. A really loud, offensively smelly fart during the Priest’s homily.

No comments: