Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Someone put me out of my misery...

I took an Afro Latin dance class at my gym last night. It’s only offered on Mondays at 5 pm and since I had the day off, I figured I’d give it a shot. My cousin Chrissy took it a few times and raved about it, so I’ve been trying to find the time to try it. Wow. It was intense! I admit, I eyeballed the clock the whole time, not because I wasn’t having fun, but because I thought my body was going to give out on me. It was an amazing work out and I don’t know if I’ve ever sweated (is that a word?) that much in my entire life. Fifteen minutes into the class I had basically sweated out every toxin I’d consumed in the last three months. I can only imagine the amount of calories you burn by taking the class. It wasn’t really difficult, but there were no breathers. You were constantly moving, even when you took a drink. My arms, thighs and lower back burn like a son of a bitch today, but I think it’s a good pain. I wish I could do it again but I’m not even out of work when it starts. The class was taught by Mon Ray, a tall, incredibly in shape black man with blonde hair. I’ve never seen anyone move like him and he was incredibly energetic, making sure all the girls were shaking it as best they could. He was a definite hoot and if I could take it again (when I recover) I would. It’s offered at two more area gyms, but since I’m not a member it’ll probably cost me $10 or so to go. It’s good, but I don’t know if it’s THAT good! But yes.. here I am at my desk, trying to find a comfortable position. It’s not working all that well. I’m sure eventually I will thank Mon Ray, but today is not that day!!!

No comments: