Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let it Snow?

I’m anticipating a snow day tomorrow, and if that is true, you won’t be seeing much of me until maybe Thursday. I plan on staying at J.’s house tonight (he lives closer to my work) but if it’s snowing like a bitch when I get up there is not a snowball’s chance in hell that I will come in (no pun intended). They don’t know where I’m staying plus, I have to get down a pretty steep hill and some windy turns to get from J.’s to work and I don’t have a really good feeling about that. I was going to just drive home tonight but he went to the store and got stuff so we wouldn’t have to leave the house for the next few days. I think this was his way of celebrating Valentine’s Day and doing something nice for me, since he “doesn’t believe” in it. I bought a book and plenty of movies to his house to entertain myself with tomorrow. Hell, I might even clean his room if I get that bored!

Anyway, here are some news and/or interesting tidbits I’ve heard about today:

There is going to be a death on Grey’s Anatomy and apparently it’s someone BIG. Someone you would never think they would kill. Meredith would be too obvious since she’s already languishing in the bottom of the ocean (would it be the ocean? I don’t know, but you get the point) so I’m very curious. It can’t be Burke as I don’t think they would have gone to such trouble to rehab him if they were just planning on killing him. They say it’s big, but I really hope it’s no one major. Although it could explain the Denny Duquette appearance that seems to be coming up. Maybe he and Izzie will reunite in Heaven..

Speaking of Heaven, Happy Birthday goes out to my grandfather, Ray Konderwich! Granted, he’s not really getting older, but I’m sure he’d appreciate the shout out.

This week marks the “Business School” episode of The Office that is being directed by Joss Whedon. Will it be reminiscent of his work on Buffy? Well, Dwight spends most of the episode tussling with a bat. Speaking of Dwight, Rainn Wilson will be hosting SNL on February 24th. I’m not sure who the musical guest is as of yet, but I’ll see what I can find out. If not, he could probably entertain the audience with a medley of songs on his recorder!

In American Idol news, Kellie Pickler’s father has been arrested for assault on a female companion with a steak knife. Oh Clyde, don’t let a steak knife send you back to the pokey!!! Also, tomorrow night the Top 24 will be announced, and I will finally be allowed to watch and/or DVR Idol again. I think it might conflict with America’s Next Top Model. Whatever is a girl to do!?

Speaking of crimes, bandits (do we even use the word bandits anymore) broke into the Hollywood Hills mansion of Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Apparently they didn’t get anything but a small amount of money. What a waste of a robbery!!!

A dog that is part owned by Bill Cosby won the Terrier Group at the Westminster Dog Show. It will now compete for Best in Show. The dog is a Dandie Dinmont named Harry, after Prince Harry. It’s kind of cute and apparently a very winning show dog!

Since I may not be able to blog on Valentine’s Day, click here for a list of the most romantic movies set in New York. I was going to bring my laptop to J.’s but I wasn’t sure if his roomie had a wireless connection so I figured it’d be one less thing for me to pack, as it seems I’ve packed everything but the kitchen sink as it is. What sucks about that is I can’t take the Pop Culture Aptitude Test on VH1.com. If I did well on it, I could be part of the internet team on the World Series of Pop Culture!! Oh well… maybe next year… again!

Hope you all manage to get out of the snow unscathed. Have safe trips to anywhere you need to go (or just don't go anywhere at all!) Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine’s Day, whether you "believe" in the holiday or not! (Oh yeah.. if you go to kiss your sweetheart, make sure you have good aim... us chicks hate it when you miss)!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

"It’s kind of cute and apparently a very winning show dog!" I hate to nay-say you on this point but...NAAAAAY!! Bill Cosby's dog is heinously unadorable. I was pleased that they picked the English Springer Spaniel for Best in Show instead.