Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hump the Day Away

It’s hump day. That usually makes me happy, I admit. However, I may have made a small oversight in some paperwork for work, and I’m not sure how that’s going to suss itself out. I’m sure it’ll turn out fine, but there’s this impending dread looming around me. I’ll keep you posted.
On a good note, I get to have lunch with my friend Tim today. I’ve known Tim since high school when he wrote in my yearbook “when we getting naked?” I keep pushing the date back, but I think he still holds out hope, which doesn’t hurt a girl’s self esteem! He’s a DJ on a country station down in Florida, and just happened to be home this week. Unfortunately, this is the only time we could find to get together. I came in a half hour early so we’d have a little extra time to catch up. I think we’ll just walk next door to the Albany Pump Station to get lunch. It’s close and will give us even more time to chat. I think this will really turn my day around, and who doesn’t love an extended lunch?

Tonight me, my sister, my cousin Chrissy and my friend Lynn are all going to see “Because I Said So.” What can I say? I like Mandy Moore and sometimes nothing makes a girl feel better than a chick flick…. and having popcorn for dinner. I’ll give you my review tomorrow. It hasn’t received great reviews, but it was 2nd at the box office this weekend so I’ll give it a shot.

OOH.. great news.. my mistake isn’t a mistake after all. This day is already looking up!

Last night was pretty mellow. J. had said he was going to make me dinner, but when I got to the house, nothing was cooking. That kind of put me in a cranky mood because it was so cold out and I really didn’t want to have to go outside again. He took me to this cute Italian restaurant, which I’m sure wreaked havoc with my Weight Watchers! I ordered chicken fettucini with garlic and oil (instead of fettucini alfredo), which was really great. However, the order was SOOO huge that I barely could eat any of it. Now J. has something to eat when he gets home from work today. I also had two slices of bread with butter (mmm.. real butter) and a little bit of his fried mozzarella. All things considered, I could have done worse and since I worked out yesterday I’m not going to beat myself up over it. I’ll have a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch with Tim and popcorn for dinner at the movies.. Will there be butter on it? Oh hell yes.. but not as much as usual. I won’t eat anything for the rest of the night so I think it’ll work itself out. That’s what your extra points are for, right? He wanted to catch a movie after that, but there really wasn’t anything out that we would both see (we’re not good at movie compromise) or that we’d make the early show for. God knows staying up for the late show on a school night is not our forte! Instead we went home and watched A Bronx Tale. I made it through an hour (but I’ve already seen it) and he probably made it slightly more than that before we shut the TV off. We’re like old people sometimes.. except they can stay up way later than we can!

No crazy diaper wearing astronauts to speak of, so it must be a slow news day. I’ll try to log back on later with some gossip to brighten your day. If I don’t get a chance… hump ‘em if you got ‘em and this is your one week Valentine's Day warning!!!! J. "doesn't believe" in Valentine's Day and if I were single, I'd agree. But I'm not... I got him a card but I'm not expecting anything... So basically it'll be like the last mmm... 30 years!!!

No comments: