Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm kind of busy at work, who'dve thunk?

No, I’m not complaining. I’m happy to be busy.. also happy that the closing I’m busy for has been pushed back a day, so hopefully I will not have to come in over the weekend. I’ll have to stay late on Monday, but that should be it. Thank God. I can’t even fathom coming here on the weekend. I hate coming during the week. The weekend would surely be the death of me.

I’m pretty sure I sprained my finger after yesterday’s paper towel holder incident. When I woke up this morning I could hardly bend it. It’s gotten better as the day has gone on, but it’s not 100%. I have a relatively big bowling tournament next week and I’m supposed to bowl Friday and Saturday this week. I guess I’ll have to play it by ear (or finger, as the case may be).

I tried to get online at 6:50 to register for the Pop Culture IQ Test last night, but it said I had missed registration. This peeves me because they said you had to be registered by 6:55 (it was clearly before 6:55) in order to take part. I tried over and over again, but it didn’t work. Therefore, yet another year you won’t see me taking part in the World Series of Pop Culture. You’ll have to deal with my posts about how much better I could have done than the people that did get on.

I made this cheesy pasta dish last night (basically, chicken helper without the helper). It was pretty good. So much so, that I bought a serving of it in for lunch today. One cup of something really isn’t all that much food. I think J. liked it. He ate about as much as I did, but he had a late lunch. Honestly, I don’t think he’d tell me if he didn’t like it, as he doesn’t want me to stop making him dinner! After that we watched The Boondock Saints. It was a pretty good movie. I guess it came out for one day in its initial release and now has a bit of a cult following. It’s about these two Irish brothers in Boston who decide to take all the bad people out of the world on their own. There was some funny dialogue and Willem Dafoe as an openly gay FBI agent. As one would expect, he had some of the best lines in the film. If you haven’t seen it, give it a shot. Sean Patrick Flanery isn’t tough to look at and who doesn’t love an accent?

Not much else going on so I’ll get to some gossip: In another shocker (note the sarcasm) Britney has left the Promises Rehab Center after roughly a day, much like last week’s rehab stint in Antigua. Is it just me or is K-Fed looking like Father of the Year? Speaking of train wrecks, the Judge in the Anna Nicole case will render his decision on Friday morning, as her body is deteriorating faster than normal. I’m shocked by that, as I didn’t really think anything in her body was made of a substance that COULD deteriorate. Dancing with the Stars is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the “star” portion of their title. Click here for a list of the cast for the upcoming season. Personally, I’m rooting for Apolo Anton Ohno, as I know a certain friend of mine will be too (C. Howe.. you know who you are). I don’t see a clear frontrunner or favorite like last year, so it could be entertaining. Considering how awful Idol was last night (I heard.. I taped it and have yet to watch it) I might have to put it off for a few more weeks. Hopefully the girls will step it up. If not, it’s going to be a LONG season.

Almost time for lunch so I’ve gotta get a move on. Hump like no one’s watching!

No comments: